Missile Turrets vs Ground

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, May 23, 2007.

Missile Turrets vs Ground

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, May 23, 2007.

1. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    In the middle of the artwork trailer, you can see a Missile Turret firing at a Colossus (a ground unit). I imagine this ability would not extend to all ground units, the Colossus is pretty tall, but how do you think the ability for Turrets to hit (large) ground units will affect gameplay?

2. Gold

Gold New Member

can anyone get a screenshot of this, cuase i coudnt see what was firing the missles.

3. orphean

orphean New Member

I think its a good move, terrans have never had a ground based detected that could attack any ground units so I think its a needed change, imo.

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I think it would be nifty if they made it like have machine gun turrets built in or something.....

5. PainKiller

PainKiller New Member

I think it is awsome that the Turret can fire missiles agaisnt the Colossus since they are so tall.. it makes sence when you see how big the Colossus are=)
    But agaisnt normal ground units... nope

6. akdarart

akdarart New Member

I have a feeling that Terran isn't going to have any ground firing detectors.. mainly because imo Terran is the best (but most difficult) of all the races.. so it seems like it may create a balance issue. Not to mention that Terrans have seige tanks, spider mines, and bunkers. It is cool though that turrets can hit stalkers.. makes sense..

7. PlatnumCy

PlatnumCy New Member

wait...I did see a bunker in one of the screenshots (they are kind of ugly now...i like the originals better)

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Bunkers don't detect

;D

9. PlatnumCy

PlatnumCy New Member

oh...yea I know that...I didn't fully read ::)

10. Bumbaloe

Bumbaloe New Member

I think all races should have a ground unit that can attack ground that detects. That would make me happy.

11. KoN17

KoN17 New Member

i think the terrans should have like mounted machine guns as well like protoss got photon cannons and zerg got sunken colonies ::)

12. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I think it'd be cool if they'd make a bunker with a Ghost in it a detector. The Ghost on its own wouldn't detect, but sacrificing part of a bunker's firepower to make it detect would be kinda nice.

13. evolvtyon

evolvtyon New Member

Portugal, Lisbon
    Maybe because i am still used to see turrets fire air units and bunkers getting busy with the ground, this looks kinda weird :p

There was always a kind of symbiosis between the bunker and the turret due to the turret's spotting ability, i thing that it should stay that way except to the ability to fire upon the walker (colossus is it? :-X) as it looks damn scary to take on with a few tanks/Goliaths. If it could attack other ground units it would unbalance the game a lot i think.

14. Sontung

Sontung New Member

man, it would make me happy too. but i dont understand what you mean though ;D
    did you mean all races should have ground detectors that can attack ground units?

15. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet New Member

If every race had a ground detector that could attack ground units, it would destroy some of Starcraft's uniqueness. The main reason that Starcraft is so awesome is that the races are different; there are very few units with near-identical counterparts in other races.

16. orphean

orphean New Member

They said that there isn't going to be a direct analoge of the mothership for the terrans and zerg, so it looks like Blizz is still going to set it up that way. :)

17. evolvtyon

evolvtyon New Member

Portugal, Lisbon
    exactly, starcraft is all about, this weakness that can be explored in this race, while on that other that's a strong point so we gotta strike on that other weakness. It's all about this kinda game play.