[Melee Map] - "A Valley Runs Through It"

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by irninja, Jun 24, 2010.

[Melee Map] - "A Valley Runs Through It"

1. irninja

irninja Guest

Hey guys, since it seems im visting these forums almost daily from work (my work seems to block every sc2 site *except* this one lol) I figured id post a map every now and then to get feedback and comments regarding their look and balance. So hello from Tennessee!. Let me know what you think :)

[​IMG]

Map Name: A Valley Runs Through It
    Curse Link (Download): Starcraft 2 Maps: A Valley Runs Through It
    Development Thread: Sc2 Mapster: A Valley Runs Through It

Description:
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone".
    -Al Capone

This map centers deep in some mountains seperated by a large and treacherous valley. Although the valley holds many riches players must beware to take caution of the many paths the enemy has around the map, and decide whether it be possible to use those same paths to his advantage. There is also a wildcard in this map; located off in the bottom right and top left corners resides a 4th player starting location for each team. There are advantages of close natural expansions, and shortcuts to the enemy base, but it also acts as a double edged sword, allowing those same shortcuts to be used by a sly enemy. Use your Xel Naga towers and keep yourself informed of your enemy. This is a haven for sneak attacks. You have been warned.

Overview:
    [​IMG]
    More pics at the curse link.

Thanks for the feedback :)

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    If only there was a way I could add a AI to the map, then I could somewhat play it while bnet is down :)

Alas, I dont know how to do that

3. irninja

irninja Guest

Actually its not hard at all. Do a quick search for mimic ai, or behemoth AI. Those are what I use to test the pathing/terrain in my maps, while playing a somewhat decent, albeit straightforward game. :)

4. Flyingfool

Flyingfool New Member

I really like it, although i think there are one or two too many mineral patches for each team. You're never going to need that many mineral on such a rush-capable map.

5. garfieldodie

garfieldodie New Member

HK
    Is it possible to add ALLIES instead of just playing 1VS1 with one AI??