Medivac positioning

Discussion in 'Terran' started by arkiferos, Sep 27, 2010.

Medivac positioning

Discussion in 'Terran' started by arkiferos, Sep 27, 2010.

1. arkiferos

arkiferos Guest

Im curious how other players cpntrol-group the MMM, particularly the medivacs....I tend to just Controlgroup them into one hotkey and when I micro the ball, the meds tend to go forward most of the time and get focus-fired!. Ideally they should be just behind the Marine and Marauder lines auto-healing. When I leave out the meds from the control group, they usually fall behind and "forget"to follow (when the follow unit gets killed).

Any suggestions on how to do this micro better?

2. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I'm not a terran player, but have them auto follow specific units.

3. Vulcan

Vulcan New Member

Tasmania
    Have them follow the slowest unit in your Bio army, which is usually a Marauder, towards the rear of your army.
    Can you actually have them follow a control group...I'm not sure ?

4. tankor

tankor New Member

good ?

I agree with Vulcan. I don't believe you can have them follow a control group which sucks

5. THUNDERNUTS

THUNDERNUTS Guest

Put your marines and medivacs in one group. Put your medivacs in another. Click on your medivacs control group and press "A" and then click on one of your marines / marauders for them to follow. Just be ready to reassign a unit to follow in case one dies.

6. tankor

tankor New Member

The reason that doesn't work is when you move your 1st marine/medivac group, the attack order you gave
    to the medivacs on the marine/marauder is voided, and they follow whatever order you give to the whole
    MM and medivac ball

7. Takaim

Takaim Member

If I'm not mistaken, you can rally units to follow. So if one dies it will automatcially go to the next unit you rallied it too. That could just be for buildings though, dunno.

8. JimReynolds

JimReynolds New Member

UK
    Yes you can shift rally which works really well for medivacs and marines being built on the go! :)

9. Click your medivacs, and click Ctrl + A on one of the units you want to follow...