Massive mineral gain

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Strider, Sep 10, 2010.

Massive mineral gain

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Strider, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Strider

Strider Guest

I was playing a 3v3, just watching the old replays, and I watched a terrain player. 20 mins into the game, he has only 3-4 scv, and 1 mule, collecting minerals/gas. Mineral count being 40. 2-3 mins later, his mineral count shoots to 660. No one sent him minerals or nothing. Haha Did I miss something or I'm just a noob who needs more practice? Anywho, hello starcraft forum :)

2. snowden0908

snowden0908 New Member

Chicago
    2-3 minutes, no spending, with a mule... yeah that seems legit. A single mule gets about 300 minerals for its lifespan. so 3-4 SCV getting 300 in 2-3 minutes isnt thaaat much of a stretch.

3. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    Every mule gathers 270 minerals during the time it's out. Every worker on a patch gathers 40minerals/minute. So with 1 orbital command at 0 energy(1 mule out) 3 scvs and 40 minerals to boot he should be able to reach 550 minerals when hitting the 2 min mark without making anything(that's the lowest possible case). With 150 stored energy(3 more mules) 4 scvs and 3 minutes to gather he could end up at 1600 minerals hitting the 3 min mark(4 mules+40 at start+4 workers), and even more if he spent minerals on only making workers(no point in doing the math for the exact number, lol). So not only is it possible, but he must have spent some too :p

It takes 1 worker 1min15secs on the patch to cover their mineral cost, and every second more counts towards the gain. I'm kinda OCD-forced to do the exact maximum count calculations but I'll ignore this urge and go do something more useful, lmao :p

4. arkiferos

arkiferos Guest

now im curious...haha seriously i would like to read that!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  5. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    40 to 600 is not really a large jump.

Id be more suspicious of a jump of 1K+