Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Marine

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Inside Sin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    These are some shots i took of the StarCraft 2 Trailer. Feel free to use them however you like. :)

[img width=596 height=251]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5223/starcraftiidf3.jpg[/img]

[img width=596 height=249]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7057/starcraftiiheadsetap6.jpg[/img]

[img width=593 height=247]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3408/starcraftiimarinevb9.jpg[/img]

2. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

I heard some speculation about marines having the ability to launch grenades. but say, you can research "Smoke Grenades". The function is that of a defiler, but mechanized. You can chose the grenade type, be it explosive or smoke. The marines would only have one grenade each, so in a group of 10, 2 can launch smoke grenades in a zerg infantry group, and kill them quickly with the other explosive grenades, or their guns. And a possible side effect with the smoke grenade, perhaps it can deal damage to enemies inside the smoky area. :army:

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

...what? smoke grenades would only be used for when you're running away

4. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    hmmm good idea, but wouldn't it be better if it was the siege tank's ability instead? I mean there are so many marines you can make compared to tanks. This way it'll limit the smoke grenades a bit.

@Hillzagold:
    I think he's thinking about more of a Dark Swarm kind of smoke grenade.

5. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i think marines should be able to use them only. because, detectors would be able to see through the smoke. smoke grenades would be ideal against siege tanks in siege more. but, with a missle turret/science vessel, or overlord or observer/cannon or sunken colony, enemy units would be able to see through the smoke, and kill them marines.
    besides, the smoke grenade should only last for 12 seconds tops.

6. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

Or you could make it where marines throw smokes than it has an aoe which you can target your tanks or whatever else with to give them added defense against ranged weapons I must admit I got the idea from dow tho lool :p

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

8. Gold

Gold New Member

tychus armour has the same shiny quality as a race car, anyone else notcie how fuild and cool it looks?

9. paragon

paragon Guest

How about flashbangs. temporarily blind units in some area and decrease attack and movement speed.
    These would have to cost a lot of energy or else they would be imbalanced. But it's weird that they don't want to take advantage of technology that we already have.

10. shirija

shirija New Member

Smoke grenades or swarms as you compared them would be harmful to the marines themselves wouldn't it? Then that type of grenades probably would look better on firebats, after all they have easy lighting :)

As far as damage over time... since marines are so easy to build, it's going to be even more imba than spider mines unless there's an easy way to disarm them.

11. paragon

paragon Guest

Smoke grenades don't damage anything. They just make smoke. and dont need to be lit...

12. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

yes smoke grenades incinerate at an extremely high temperature. hence the smoke.

13. paragon

paragon Guest

yes but that isn't in a large area.

14. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

it doesn't have to be. you can have multiple marines fire smoke grenades to cover a large area, then wipe out the enemies within.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

no i mean the heat doesn't travel far.

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    The flash bang idea reminds me how blind sucked in SC. I wish blindness worked differently, having surrounding units provide vision completely defeats the purpose.

They should keep all the original effects of blindness from SC1(sight range and detection loss), but also make blind units have an attack range of 1. This shouldn't be permanent though, but it will still make blinding more useful.

Another idea is to make blind units miss like hell, sort of like blind in RPGs I guess. But I dislike having % chance elements in SC. Even considering impact on gameplay balance, attack range reduction would be a far better idea than % miss.

17. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Blind was okay vs Detectors. But i agree fully with your suggestion. Having a severe range penalty when blinded is better than the % chance, and i believe Marines could still shoot stuff in close range when blinded.

18. paragon

paragon Guest

I liked blinding observers because that makes them completely useless.

19. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    Even better with overlords.

20. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I hardly ever even research optic flare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.