marine shield concept (the final)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Dec 4, 2007.

marine shield concept (the final)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Dec 4, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

2. Ych

Ych New Member

Wow, that is awesome dude.
    I really love it. :powerup:

I agree that Blizzard simply needs to change the model of the Marines + Shield because currently, they look like a joke.

3. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    That one looks fine. I like that there is some grit to it, and it's not just some shiny lawn ornament.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thanks. what do you mean change the model of the shield or remove the shield?..

haha. those are not actually grit. it have been scratched by zerglings or hydralisk. hhmm my shield actually kinda look brand new but it easily gets scratch right away it was used.

5. kraft

kraft New Member

Wow! Nice work is preatty cool, I do Zeratul one time, but is a copy of the same... artwork of Zeratul in Blizzard.

:powerup: Nice work

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Now that looks a lot better. Buut... you still need both hands to shoot with the rifle ;)

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thanks. here :powerup: to you too. ^^

haha. i knew youd say that. i think the marine can manage holding the gun with both hands with my shield. ;)

8. LxMike

LxMike New Member

nice nice, but it's me or the marine kind of holding the shield in the wrong oriantation...

9. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

I like it, it kinda looks like the shield is connected to the marines arm, leaving his hand free to hold and shoot his rifle

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Im gonna come off a little critical but I really dont care Im tired of reading this debate. The shield itslef is fine but the way the marine is using it is all wrong. As a Zealot Im loving your design because when you use your shield arm to stablize your rifle all that shield is going to protect is the marines stomach providing a beautiful shot to the head for my psi blade. And that same perspective can be given to pretty much any melee unit.

11. PreatorTengil

PreatorTengil New Member

I like the form of your's better actually.. Seems to be much better attached to the arm

12. vinzel

vinzel New Member

that looks AWESOME!!! really good, but i think it should be a little smaller like the first draw you make, besides that its great, way better than blizzard shield.
    even though i don't like the idea of the shield in SC2, i would put your shield in my marines, because looks great and futuristic like it should

13. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Its good but you need to change the the way the marine holds the shield, it would be better if he can hold the shield and the gun at the same time

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thank you guys. lets link this straight to blizzard. lol ^^

i know that.. but ofcourse in reality when the zealot comes to close im sure the marine will stop firing and instead will try to block the zealot's attacks then will try to attack or shoot again. no shield can protect your WHOLE body as far as i now (thats where the armor comes in), you need to maneuver and block evertyattack.. and well making it larger make less effort on your part.

note: the shield is design like that with the terran symbol because when you try to block the point of impact should have the larger protection thats why the shield is larger near the hand where you will obviously use in anticipation of the impact or attacks. and the symbol is like that because the marine is holding it in a different position just imagine the marine standing straight and the arm with shield vertically place down (the symbol will look straight or correct) and the shield will pass reach teh head and shoulder of the marine. ^^

15. the8thark

the8thark New Member

but what is the point of the shield? Apart from looking rather nice and excellently drawn. To me it's either be a gunfire blocker or a melee attack blocker. Or maybe both. Cause I can see the marine lifting his arm over his head so the shield protects his head and body from an aerial assault. Sure not being there at the time is the best defence but as a last ditch attempt it'd be nice.

Personally I think it's be a defend or attack thing. As to me it'd be too hard to actively use to defend himself and fire the gun at the same time. So I think if it were in the game I'd make it a marine ability where he can use it anytime for like a major armour bonus but he can't attack at the same time. That'd make it more realistic. But I dunno how'd that affect the balance of the unit.

16. Light

Light Guest

Wow! First thing I thought after seeing this shield was 'schweet!'

:powerup:

17. -LT-

-LT- New Member

That drawing is awesome! I love it! :powerup:

18. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Zeratul, I've read your comment added to the picture on devianART. I agree wih you that marine should have some kind of temporal forcefield (something like old Defensive Matrix maybe) as mid-game upgrade.

On other hand, your shield design is awesome and if Blizz won't change mind about metal shield I'd like to see your shield in game :)
    Shield is attached to wrist and elbow as it should be... only thing which may be improved - make it taller (just like Tower shield)

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wow. thank you guys.guess im going to make a new marine shield concept but this time the marine is standing up and i'll finish it 100% unlike this one.

you guys like it? help me link it to blizzard. hehe. ^^

20. stat

stat New Member

i want that shield in game.