Marauder range

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Bthammer45, Mar 10, 2009.

Marauder range

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Bthammer45, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I personally think the marauder should get a short range like 2 or 3 because this unit seems to under minds the marine and seems to make the balance of 1 short and 1 long range unit out of wack.

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Marauder's pure Ground-to-Ground, so doesn't undermine the Marine. Also, the Marauder's meant to be able to help kite, which it wouldn't be able to if it had such short range, especially from in Bunkers. One of the main uses of this ability to kite would be to keep Banelings as far away as possible for as long as possible, while the Marines focus their fire and deal the damage. Marauders are also much more vulnerable to Zealots apparently, though I don't know how justified that is. Also remember the Marine's Ballistic Shield upgrade, and also Stim Packs. Once upgraded, cost for cost, Marines would most likely tear through Marauders.

The main overlap with Terran infantry that I'm worried about would be Marines and Reapers. Personally, I reckon the Medivac's disrupted the Reaper's ability to jump cliffs. It was originally introduced so that Reapers could last longer on the raid, but they're not supposed to. They're hit-and-run artists, and having a Dropship to heal raiders... Why not just drop the middle man and load the Dropship with Marines?

3. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I am under the belief that since the Marauder is GtG that it is perfectly suited for the task at the moment. I think that it doesn't overlap the Marine, just like the Firebat didn't overlap the Marine in the Original. I have to agree with Hex in that the Reaper is my only concern on overlapping in the Terran Basic Infantry Arsenal.

However I also feel that the Reaper won't overlap the Marine due to its position on the Tech Tree and its weaker status it appears to have. I forget if they added Stim to it still or not. Stim hasn't been talked about a lot due to pure negligence I believe. I believe it will be much more of an issue than the overlapping in the Terran tech tree. Still in the end the overlap doesn't appear to be an issue with the Marine/Marauder. Just imagine the combination as the new Marine/Firebat.

4. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

The range needs to stay long, otherwise the slowing ability would be pretty useless. A longer range gives the marines more time to kill the slowed target.

Stims used to be both reaper and marauder abilities; however, now it only applies to marines.

5. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Only marines? damn i thought it also applied to reapers..
    hmm reapers do more damage tho and they also have that bamb thingy.
    Im pretty sure that the reapers are very suited to raids.
    also would be better for low armor units.

6. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Well the marauder needs to keep the same amount of range it has right now. If you lower it, then it won't be as effective as it is now. Like in the Battle Report #1, the marauder was barely able to live from the battle 1 on 1 with the protoss unit.