Marauder & Firebat at one time ?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Justicator, May 28, 2009.

?

how sounds

1. its a symphony

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. smells bad

7 vote(s)
    70.0%

Marauder & Firebat at one time ?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Justicator, May 28, 2009.

1. Justicator

Justicator New Member

How will be if the Firebat is put back in the barrack and so to replace the Helion , and as well give it a special passive attack ability locked up by the High Capacity Barrels (which will not increase the attack damage by +10 to light units).This ability will be similar to the charge ability but will give to the Firebat first strike a larger and greater Flamethrower impulse (like the normal attack of the hellion) as his own regular Flamethrowers.

And in this situation shall the Marauder put in the factory to be like a cool terminator unit
    what it is at the moment. (little more expensive but with nuclear reactor – no way too strong)

2. needler

needler New Member

Well while I like firebats I think that they should stay in StarCraft 1. Blizzard tried returning firebats but they didn't work with the SC2 units. It would be a too big change if they returned them now, scrapped the hellion and started balancing everyones stats again because the firebats differ pretty much from hellions.

3. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    OP, marauders slow then firebats BURN BABY !@@#$!

4. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

The hellion isn't just a firebat. It's faster, more expensive, and deals linear splash damage over a longer range. They're not equivalent, so you'll need to come up with a better rationale.

Why not take a leaf out of StarCraft: Ghost? In the multiplayer, firebats had napalm rockets to give them much-needed range.

Nah... the marauder is simply heavy infantry. It's also better than the firebat. It's attack slows down bio units (which tend to be light-armored) and it does bonus damage vs armored units. Firebats are only good vs light units. I know which one I'd pick.

5. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Firebats are infantry killers. That's their purpose for being. The Hellion is a much better version of it. It is slightly a longer range, and able to survive more infantry. I would prefer to have the Hellion than the Firebat. The Hellion has more advantages than the Firebat.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2009
  6. Novacute

Novacute New Member

THe corporal is right. While firebats were useful in SC1, it serves a limited role in this game due to the lack of speed and ability to keep up with other units. The firebat is not a very effective support unit either. Marauders fill a much better role since it does slow and deal additional damage to vehicles which is essential for an early game victory, especially against stalkers and roaches. Also, Hellion's are much more suited since it's agile and is able to raid very effectively due to better durability, 90 Hp vs 50.