Map Making Help

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by BlackoutNBE, Aug 22, 2010.

Map Making Help

1. BlackoutNBE

BlackoutNBE Guest

Yet another request for help. Am trying to make my campaigns objectives but isn't going over very well. Though I can successfully make the objectives appear, I can't keep them from continually being created. By the end of the mission after the character has passed over the set location enough times you'll have five of the same objective. Nor for that matter can I make them become marked as complete after they have been completed. I know what to look for but when I go to select what objective to complete the only option available to select is on labeled "Last Created Objective". Anyone know what I have to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    By continually appearing, do you mean the objective is created over and over again? Or do you mean you want them to fade/go away after a certain amount of time? Also, the action you are looking for is Set Objective State. That action will let you mark an objective as complete.

3. temhawk

temhawk New Member

I have the same problem, I believe.

Attached Files:

4. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Temhawk, it creates it 5 times because you unload 5 units from your dropship. Try adding a True variable as a condition, and in the action, set the variable to false. This will make it only run the actions once, rather than once for each unload.

5. temhawk

temhawk New Member

Thank you, I just realized this myself! I was thinking that "Unload cargo" means that it has to unload all of it. Your suggestion makes sense, but I think I have a better way of doing it. I just make a condition that the trigger must not have been executed already.

// Conditions
    if (testConds) {
    if (!((TriggerGetExecCount(TriggerGetCurrent()) == 0))) {
    return false;
    }
    }

Good? :)

6. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    That works too. I like to use variables for everything. Counting arrays as their index value, the map I'm working on has 900+ variables.

7. Daemonicus

Daemonicus New Member

Melbourne, Australia
    ITS OVER 900!!!!!!

sorry... just had to say that...

I'll make a thread were people can post SC2 tutorials/tutorial sites