Lurker crawling through cliffs

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by RaiseTheFlag, Oct 19, 2009.

Lurker crawling through cliffs

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by RaiseTheFlag, Oct 19, 2009.

1. RaiseTheFlag

RaiseTheFlag New Member

If the Colossus was able to gain an advantage using the terrain. How about adding this to the Lurker?
    [​IMG]

The Lurker is now a Tier 3 unit requiring the Hive (3 Upgrades), Deep Warren (2 Upgrades) and the Hydralisk (2 upgrades) as its pre-evolved form.

[​IMG]>>[​IMG]
    150/50 : 40
    150/150 : 80
    300/200 : 120 <Cost 1>

--------------

[​IMG]>>[​IMG]>>[​IMG]
    300/0 : 100
    150/100 : 80
    200/150 : 100
    650/250 : 280 <Cost 2>

-------------

[​IMG]>>[​IMG]
    200/0 : 65
    100/100 : 50
    300/100 : 115 <Cost 3>

-------------
    300+650+300=1250 Minerals
    200+250+100=550 Vespene Gas
    120+280+115=515 Build Time

The lurker has jagged legs that help station itself to the ground. If ever this wish is granted. When the Lurker crawls to the cliff, it cannot burrow. However, if it has landed on a plane ground. It can now burrow and attack.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

ya i kinda agree. the lurkers legs would be strong enought to easily climb up and down cliffs. but it would also be a balance issue to some ppl because it would be to easy to sneak a lurker inside someones base unnoticed by climbing cliffts. from the back side of there base for example and burrow them by the mineral line and u will need quick detection there.

3. RaiseTheFlag

RaiseTheFlag New Member

Yes, I did thought of that.

Take note though, the Lurker is now a Tier 3 Unit and it would take so much time just to create it alone.

Standard detection are already available via Photon Cannon, Turret & Sporecrawler for every race. Not to mention the Observer, Raven & Overseer for mid-to-late game. Besides, when you up against the Zerg you know that you'll need detection to counter burrowed units.

The Colossus can already crawl through enemy base but it would still be risky to do that since the Lurker has to climb before being able to attack. Unlike the Colossus which can attack even at the cliffside.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  4. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    The lurker is not about mobility, it should remain an ambush/risky push unit imo.

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It's a nice idea, but as overmind said Lurkers are not about mobility.

And they already have a new feature to make up their late tier position: siege range.

6. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I agree not for the lurker at least, what about the roach? It already has movmemt while burrowed so you could make it move 1/4 the speed when b/m (borrowed-movment) is taking place.

I also had an idea earlyer what if you could upgrade an ability around 2.5-3 teir that would allow lings to climb atop themselfs and make a ladder type thing that small and medium sized units could use to walk up, it would take 6 lings for a small section one ling wide, and you could line them up so you could have big ramps like they do now where ever you wanted. (so you could only be able to ferry lings and hydras and maybe roachs) and the lings that are used to make the "ladder" cannot then climb after but you could slowly disasemble them and only have 6 lings that wouldn't make it up to the cliff.

Anyone like this idea? (I was going to make a thread but I figures it would be fine hear, if a dicuation gets going then I can make the thread)

7. Korith

Korith New Member

Hemet, Californira
    I disagree.. How would this be easier then dropping? If anything its harder to get your units out if things go wrong..

8. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    thats pretty true, and when would you use this mechanic anyway? just for harras?