Look at me! "OVERSEER idea"

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by freedom23, Jun 19, 2008.

?

How did you find my idea?

1. Eye candy - Looks good!

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Sore eyes - doesnt look appropriate

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Looks deceiving.... *gives the stare!

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Dont give me that look >:-(

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Look at me! "OVERSEER idea"

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by freedom23, Jun 19, 2008.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

If youve seen my post at the Zerg units to be cut, then youve probably already read my unit idea. Anyway this is just a more broad spectrum of my total idea for it..

OVERSEER

Health : 200
    Minerals : 100
    Gas : 200
    Built Time : 40
    Built From : Hatcher (Lair prerequisite)
    Supply : 2
    Damage : N / A
    Bonus : N / A
    Range : N / A
    Targets : N / A
    Defense : 1(+1)
    Armor Type : Light
    1st Ability : Detection
    Description : Increases the sight of the Overseer and detects invisible units. The longer the Overseer is idle the longer the range of sight.*but not the detection range*
    2nd Ability: Futuresight
    Description: Predicts the future of a swarm unit making it invulnerable against enemy skill attacks for a brief amount of time (the overseer sends thoughts of future attacks from enemy to anticipate it)
    3rd Ability: Hynotic gaze / Optic blast ^_^
    Description: Overseer emits a blinding light that confuses the targeted unit rendering it "silenced" momentarily with decreased attack vision
    4th Ability: Vile teardrops
    Description: Amounts of infectios tumors are extracted from its eye, those 4 foul masses of excretes are composed of very viscious zerg fluid that deals 75 damage each (its 4 slow-medium speed floating tumor orbs that needs to be attacked at once if you dont want to get the fulll 300 damage)

Lore: 4 long years of waiting has drastically evolved the zerg swarm, with recent troubles from the broodwars letting a number of overlords be sacrificed in battle, Kerrigan found a new evolution way that was developed to help improve the zerg efficiency in overall scouting proficiency. The genes of the former cerebrates were intertwined with the overlord DNA that resulted perfection for the airbourne zerg support unit. At first it was intended for general observation purposes but with the thorough of evolution it developed various abilities that are to be reckoned with. (I know its a crappy lore and sorry for that as i have a very limitted dictionary for my sentences having english as one of my other languages)

This was my former idea for the overlord w/c I posted in the other thread.
    Overlords - Zerg basic supply.. (Big fatty alien that craps creeps for field expansion) -passive skill: creep ooze What I want for these ovies are the same'ol lords that we did get them to know with and adding that creeping mechanic. Upgrade 1: Armor + Movement 2: Armor + Famine(Mineral infestation) 3: Armor + Transport

(I wish i have more time to draw its artwork and its abilities, but im very busy to do art nowadays)
    Im open for suggestions comments and also your ideas ^_^
    Credits to Lurkers_lurk for the units format and standard stats

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    really the only thing i liked about it was the detection idea, though it would have to stop somewhere.

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i liked the poll too

4. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Detection feels like the only appropriate one. Vile teardrops is too offensive for Ovies in my opinion.

5. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I want Overseers gone so...

6. LxMike

LxMike New Member

vile teardrops , sorry but........... ROFL

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

so far so honesst LOL

8. LxMike

LxMike New Member

well it's ok about the unit but the 3rd and 4th ability is just too fantasy , would be great skillz in final fantasy . but in starcraft it's more sc fic, so you must be able to explain it logically.

oh and don't take that wrong but vile teardrops really make me laugh, because vile and tear (emotion ?) is subjective ( judgment) .it's like calling it bad tears. As a name it should be descriptive i.e. acid spore (see , by reading the name , it gives you a basic idea of how the attack look like.

hope it helps

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Im not really sure if the word fantasy is applicable with that coz its explained very logically IMO the 3rd skill hynotic gaze acts like the medic flare ability (do you recall how the LOTR eye of sauron tries to disturbe aragorn?? thats how it do.). only this time rendering the target unit unable to use skill for a brief moment and you might say how is that logical? at the first place much has been very illogical with the zerg as why do mutalisks are able to fly in space? why do lurkers attack at an impressive range? Anyway to make my presentation logical correlate its mechanic as to how the cerebrates connect with the swarm. Only this time overseers are able to do the same giving them a small capacity for pychic powers and as for its gazing its gonna look like the overseer will constricts its one eye to the target unit and flash it with a mind attack.

while as for the 4th ability im just really using synonyms of what would be a possible thing to call that mechanic with a relevance to being an overseer which really kind of a big eye unit to me.. anyway i was going for creep tumors as its name from the start ^_^ its very logical indeed why?? well, if most of the zerg swarms excretas are used for weapos (i.e. glavewurms corossive acid, roach vomit?) I couldnt see why not apply my teadrop tumors?? its kinda funny but if you look at it broader maybe you can say that its a possibility afterall..

This is not so Final Fantasish and its more scientific actually
    Vile = pertains to a despicable matter + Teardrops = its supposed to be tumors from the eyes so why not??

As ive said those 4 fumor masses that was extracted from its Eye will look like the queens creep tumors only this time they will be floating objects that will be lobbed into your target each of them composed of the teardrops of the overseer which are highly corrosive acids each dealing 75dmge and those tumors will move at a slow-medium speed so that you can have time to take down those before you get the 300damage.. To me its kind of unique as you can even use My Overseer in various possibilites ^_^

anyway im just making the name reader-friendly if not so id be glad to change them to vile tumors which were actually my first intention of calling it

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  10. LxMike

LxMike New Member

why not just put something like toxic tumor btw LOTR is fantasy lol

11. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

but the process is sci fi. and toxic tumor is too basic but ill consider that as 3rd option from vile tumors

12. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Why not just give Overlords/seers the Parasite ability? It seems appropriate seeing as those units are all about scouting/detection.