Logitech: The Way to Go or Noob-Off Show?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by EatMeReturns, Oct 24, 2007.

?

Logitech-Love or Loathe?

1. #1 choice for all your cpu needs.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Its great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eh, it's ok, but It's not my favorite.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It sucks!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rofl, whoever voted above 4 is noob! I HATE IT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Logitech: The Way to Go or Noob-Off Show?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by EatMeReturns, Oct 24, 2007.

1. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Logitech. The master-company of the Computer essentials and non-essentials. They have everything from super mice with interchangeable bottoms to ultra keyboards with dozens of programmable keys. And yet... some dislike the megapower that Logitech has become. What are YOUR views on logitech?

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    They have good equipment but do you really need a mous that you can adjust the weight in or a keyboard with a display that will be blank half the time?

3. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

After a bit of wiki to refresh my memory I think they're good.

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I have four logitech mice that I've bought over time. All four of them work perfectly and the oldest is four years old. Not a single problem or wear issue.

I also have two travel Targus mice. They suck. Both broke within a week.

While they may not have the highest performing gaming mice, they certainly have some of the better ones, and they last forever.

Worth the $60 especially since they're mostly plug and play. :D

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Eh I have a MS mouse (OMG yes) and it hasn't broken yet. What I want to know is what this whole thing about being able to adjust the weight in your mouse is about. Chances are unless you have a physics degree you won't know how to use that to get the best acceleration anyway.

Their stuff is good but it just seems they sell some stuff with useless features. Like the aforementioned keyboard with th screen. How many people look at the keyboard when playing a game?

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I agree. Some of their products are pretty stupid. But you have to admit, some of them are pretty cool.

Touchpad keys? Lighted volume control display and media player buttons? Pretty schweet.

Not to mention some of them come with a touchpad for your mouse. :D

7. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    i happen to own said keyboard, and i use the screen on rare occasions (ahem... 2142 ahem...)

i also have a microsoft mouse, the wireless one with 5 buttons-the fifth being a box-select zoom. i have had it for three years, and it still looks newer then my keyboard, new computer, and "beam-me-up" machine combined. it is t3h s3ckz4h.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yes the lit keys are nice to have.  The media keys aren't anything special anymore. (If mine weren't firmly attached mine would be gone).

Do you mean they come with a touchpad as in the crappy thing on a laptop?  Why would you want one of those taking up space.  Mice aren't all that expensive.  The keyboard and mouse I have came in a pack for $50 and they are wireless.

\Nothing against any of you who ave the top of the end stuff but I don't buy for gimics.  My mouse and keyboard were bought to fit my hand and I like to remind people I can still kill you with a 101-enhanced keyboard from 10 years ago

9. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    i like my mice at about B-32 cup size...

seriously, i like the smaller mice... and i set the mouse speed to fastest, so i can get a higher APM.

10. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I like their mice but I prefer simple keyboards. The keyboard I'm using is a simply standard keyboard. No frills no extra buttons, no wierd shape, just plain old normal. The perfect keyboard for gaming.

The mouse is a different story. Any mouse with less than 5 buttons and a scroll wheel is unacceptable.

Just for kicks, my usual control setup for FPS

Left mouse bottom, primary attack. Right mouse button, secondary attack or aim. Middle button, use. Thumb button, reload. Pinky button, varies from game to game, most often used for grenades. Scroll wheel, switch weapons or zoom, note the or here is inclusive. Movement, arrow keys, none of this wsad crap. Crouch, right ctrl. Sprint, shift. Jump, num0. Enter, End, num1, and num4 variable from game to game. Delete and Page Down, usually lean left and right but may vary for games without lean feature. Backspace, drop weapon. Insert, Home, Page Up, num7 num2 and num5, only used if game has extremely complicated controls, have never had to use all of them.

11. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    My mouse is a two button and scroll wheel design and it works perfectly. I use normal keyboard and mice, noob aren't I? I've never used an advanced keyboard ever and don't even know what how they look different.

12. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

.....I don't have a mouse.

13. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    haha, u phail.

get a microsoft or logitech one, i hear they are pretty good.

14. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

iv always found logitech pretty good, loved my mx510 for years :p

15. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    It's not the fancy gadgetry that turns me on, it's the durability. The added functions are just a bonus.

I'm one of those plug and play and move kinds of guys.

I have two setups, one at college and one at home and when I set my laptop down, everything had better fucking work. I have two sets of desk mice and keyboards for it. I sit down, hit the bluetooth button, and everything had better fucking work.

Only Logitech has ever provided that for me. Motorola does a good job too with Bluetooth stereo equipment, etc...

Too bad more than 3 devices conflict :-\

16. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I usually go to Intel for my CPU needs :p

Jon: If all of them work perfectly, why do you have four mice? Do you happen to have four computers?

17. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    What's the option for those who don't use it? I've never used logitech or loathe. My guess would be to vote for they both suck, but that's just me.

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I have four mice because I bought one, gave it to my Dad, and upgraded to a higher DPI mouse.

Then I bought a new one, gave it to my sister, and upgraded again.

Bought another (the one I have now), and gave the old one to my Mom.

Eventually the padding stuff on the bottom wears out and it becomes a little too slow and cumbersome to use for gaming. But otherwise it's fine. And if I wanted to buy new pads, I could, but I'm lazy. :D

I want one of the new 1800 DPI series that are supposed to be faster wireless than any of the wired versions. I hate wired mice.

19. C20

C20 New Member

I use the Logitech Revolution Laser Mouse :good: Damn its sexah. Its not just the whole gadget thing (Which by the way, gets me going !) but also the neat design and light weight.. ah... I think I just came.

20. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

Dunno. Main advantage of Logitech is comfort, all mouses from logitech just are in harmony with my hand. My friend had Razor once, when I tried to use it, it was terrible, buttons were too big, whole mouse was too big, hands started sweating...