Lockdown

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jun 27, 2007.

Lockdown

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Imagine., Jun 27, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Since Ghosts are pretty much in StarCraft 2, would their lockdown ability work on the mothership?! I MEAN COME ON?!

2. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I recon it should, as long as the MS doesnt have her shield up.

3. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

That brings about another question, would the Mothership's time distortion stop a lockdown missile?

4. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yesh, yesh it vill.

5. Light

Light Guest

if he could lockdown, mothership will be one smoking critter in no-time.

6. paragon

paragon Guest

Why wouldn't it be able to lockdown? Cause it's a floating city? Carriers are massive fucking ships. I mean MASSIVE. They would take up more than one screen if they were to scale. And they can be locked down.

7. Light

Light Guest

im not saying it wont be able to lockdown, im saying that if it will, the threat of the mothership will be reduced considerably.

8. Psionic

Psionic Guest

I think Ghost will be the Achilles heels of MotherShip! But if that is the case, Zerg should also have an effective counter against MS. Perhaps Defiller will have something defensive against an onslaught of MS.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Like dark swarm?

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    ARASRFJASRHASHRhASHRASGRGSG
    SCOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGE.

...Anyways Lockdown would make the Mothership a Kakura. Blizzard would either make the MS immune, or laugh at you for being stupid enough to let it happen.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes i dont think the mothership can be lockdown. it can't be, its a city size ship and maybe bigger than 20 carriers combined. so you need 20 ghost to lock it down. i believe its immune to lockdown. anyway lets just wait and see.

12. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

But you can justify the use of lockdown against carriers because you could mass produce them. The mother ship on the other hand can be fielded one at a time. I think it is safe to assume that lockdown will not affect a mothership.

It would not be exactly fair to the Protoss player if any low cost Terran unit can take down one that is considered ultimate.

True, but if the Mother ship is capable of being locked down, I think Protoss deserve a type of restoring ability similar to that of the medic.

13. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    This is a very good question. Although lockdown is a spell it is executed in the form of a missile, I feel it would be effected by the time bomb. Then I guess even yamato will be slowed. How about marine's gun fire though? Of course it would be a yes, but marines don't actually fire any projectiles at all. I wonder how it would be represented graphically.

Assuming time bomb works on lockdown, I would think that it will be possible to lockdown the MS. Immunity out right would be awkward, but then again MS is hard capped at one per player. Against Terran an MS would have to blow time bombs at every turn to keep lockdown and EMP away.

All of this is out of mere speculation, but it's getting sadder and sadder for the MS. Good thing I'm Zerg, I don't have to stress about it.

14. Light

Light Guest

nah, its wont be able to stop a yamato, its high-energy beam, not a projectile.
    btw, we dont even know if ghosts will still have lockdown..

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Blizz said all enemy attacks, not just physical missiles. By their wording, we have to assume beam weapons and whatnot.

16. Dxun

Dxun New Member

remy i believe they said that all enemy units within the field will be slowed but i could be mistaken

17. paragon

paragon Guest

This would be amazingly good. Just go over the enemy army and cast the time bomb. Then annihilate them

18. Light

Light Guest

''I hate prottoss and their dirty ways'' :p

19. paragon

paragon Guest

who said that?

20. Light

Light Guest