LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Higgs Boson, Oct 9, 2009.

LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Higgs Boson, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

So I am trying to get back into learning programming in php (web development) which I foolishly abandoned years ago. I recall using some tool which, when turned on, provided me with all the necessary stuff I needed to do my work such as MySQL server and apache.
    Well it turns out that I have no idea what was it called. I heard the quartet Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP is a good way to start off so would there be any tips for me what and where to download?

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I have no idea what program you mean. However, there is a program I can reccomend to you. Try Notepad ++. It supports a ton of styles. Awesome tool to avaid making mistakes when typing code manually.

And, obviously, Filezilla. If you have webspace to test stuff on, then that's one of the best ftp programs out there.

3. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
  4. Fake ID

Fake ID New Member

I just did a work in which I used PHPMyAdmin to access a MySQL database, then I just uploaded everything with FileZilla, though I would say it's as good as any FTP-client. It was filled with bugs though, I don't know if it was the actual server but folders started to become undeletable so at the end I had lots of folders I had renamed to "error".