Kiting with Marauders

Discussion in 'Terran' started by murdock.domezone, May 18, 2010.

Kiting with Marauders

Discussion in 'Terran' started by murdock.domezone, May 18, 2010.

1. I was wondering how to kite with the marauders as i have once got murdered as a Toss player with zealots in the beginning.

I heard a couple different things such as:
    -Click away --> Hit S --> Click away --> Hit S --> repeat
    -Click away --> Hit H --> etc. etc.
    -Click away --> Attack unit --> etc etc. (this one seems unlikely)

Anyone know how to do it and can shed some light for me?

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I wouldn't target only 1 specific units if you're being followed by w whole pack of enemies. The first option seems the most likely. Then again, I haven't really played around with Terrans much.

3. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    It is definitely easiest to click away, then attack-move toward the opponents you want to hit, then repeat. However, if you feel like targeting certain units, it is probably viable to attack-select a single unit, especially when you are only 'kiting' with 2-3 marauders against a smaller force.

4. KHaYMaN

KHaYMaN New Member

Oregon
    You can probably "get away" with the attack/stop rather than microing targets since the units not under the effect of concussion grenade will naturally come to the front of the pack.

5. ZergSwarm

ZergSwarm New Member

Houston, TX
    This is one of the strongest early-game tactics in the game, one of the reasons why I strongly feel the Maruader is overpowered and imbalanced currently. 5 marauders can take down 20 roaches or 10 zealots easily by kiting....

6. ZomgTossRush

ZomgTossRush New Member

It depends on what your faceing. If you target fire with 5+ more maurders ur probaby doing over kill. I just use amove then move out of the way, The only time you have to really change this is vs zealots considering how much health they have. hold down tab to see which ones you can sucessfully snipe as you are retreating.

7. BambooPanda

BambooPanda New Member

What is this "attack-move?"

8. asdf

asdf New Member

attack-move is clicking attack and targeting the ground somewhere. units will move there and attack anything along the way.

the easiest way seems to just be move/stop. right click away, tap S or H to fire off 1 shot, then right click away again. attack-moving towards your enemy means you need to keep moving your mouse pointer back and forth. much slower. if the enemy's chasing you, the marauders will generally auto-target the closest unit, so you usually won't have to target units individually.

9. alung2k3

alung2k3 New Member

Barry, South Wales
    I use "A" while kiting, I did this last night in a TVT, his units were mostly marines while I had alot more Mauraders.

I just kept out-ranging him by droping back and focus-firing each unit down.

10. Taerix

Taerix New Member

I usually just keep it simple by attack moving, then right clicking. You can hit you're attack move away from the units you're attacking too, they'll still turn around to attack if you're in range.

If you want to get really sneaky, split your marauders into 2 groups and make your opponent decide to go after one or the other. This requires quick hands and good mouse control though.