Its been 10 years and the Reavers still havent got any faster :(

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CallDownTheThunder, Jun 15, 2007.

Its been 10 years and the Reavers still havent got any faster :(

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CallDownTheThunder, Jun 15, 2007.

1. CallDownTheThunder

CallDownTheThunder New Member

you would think that the protoss would have done something by now but no!
    i hope they have a speed upgrade for them in sc2 or else the only thing there only for is splashing my own units :p

2. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

Reavers never seemed to be useful in an assault with other allied units. Because of their speed and buggy scarabs, I always end up pwning my own zealots and goons.

So, yeah, hopefully they'll do something to make reavers useful for more than just drops on miners. Either a speed upgrade or some sort of fix on the scarabs, so they dont get stuck on your own units.

3. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    hmm for all these years playing starcraft, I really don't think the reaver's scarabs do any damage to its own units. i think i tried to pay attention to it before to see if that was the case. i dunno, i could be wrong.

4. WuHT

WuHT New Member

They dont. That guy has no idea what he's talkin about ..unless he means allied reavers (but not his?)/

Reavers were damn powerful, but simply lack the awe-factor of seige tanks. Maybe it's because they're so much more quiet...or the fact that they look kinda funny when they crawl.

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Reaver drop 'nuff said.

6. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Reavers are gods and should be revered by everyone.

7. Gold

Gold New Member

i thought in the demo it was going faster than the old ones, i didnt like the model so much though, although i didnt get to see it properly

8. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Hmm, reavers are back? Guess Blizzard needed a good protoss ground powerhouse, the collosus didnt seem that suited for the job, looked like it was only good versus bunches of weak enemies.

I do wish they replace the reaver with an even cooler unit that serves the same purpose, just different in attributes somehow... the collosus had alot of hope, judging by appearance.

9. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

tbh the collosus seemed to absolutely suck killing those zerglings, and don't forget that the reaver isn't much bigger than a zergling anymore =/

10. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Wow, no kidding? I'll have to watch that video that shows them then, its almost hard to imagine a reaver being the same size as a zergling.

11. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Well i wouldn't mind reavers being equal in size to zerglings. 50 mineral for two mini-reavers with the same damage potential as the bigger counterpart <3

12. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i love reavers! they own buildings! if there is a group of zealots coming to attack my reaver position, 10 scarabs destroy them, then i move on to destroying their base. plain and simple. but if there is air involved, watch out. then i need some stuff, or my reavers will die for nothing *sheds tear*
    in all, reavers are good if you know how to use them. ie: have a squadron of them on two cliffs making an ally to your base, and any ground that comes through is fried

13. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    You know what made Reavers suck? The inability to attack down cliffs or around objects. Maybe Scarabs will be able to jump down terrain levels? Hover over obstacles? *crosses fingers*

14. LoserInLosing

LoserInLosing New Member

Naa.... Use Shuttles to carry reavers, then land em now the oponenetts base, blow up their defense and their SCVs or Drones or Probes mining all gathered up together, then call a strike. Not very genius to put reavers as an army, most likely blow up your own army

15. mc2

mc2 New Member

Reaver's slow speed is what is needed to balance the unit's power. Let's have a reaver - siege tank comparison shall we? ;) since both units are quite similar.

Reaver's advantages
    - superb 100+25 damage from scarabs, more than siege tank's
    - splash does not hurt own/allied units
    - no minimum range

Reaver's disadvantages
    - scarabs cost 15 minerals
    - slow. shutting requires lots of micro
    - long cooldown and scarabs might get stuck somewhere

Siege tank's advantages
    - no indefinite cost for attacks
    - longest range of any unit in the entire game
    - OK movement speed, at least faster than reaver's

Siege tank's disadvantages
    - mimimum range, vulerable to melee units
    - inmobile while in siege mode, time required to switch modes
    - splash damage can hurt own units

So in conclusion, we can see that reaver would be too overpowering if it is faster. Remember that the splash damage of scarabs are also slightly larger than tank's. Siege tanks need to be deployed in and out of siege modes, that is a lot of microing. So reaver will also be the same, ie the need to micro reavers with shuttles.

16. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

but, if you have enough reavers, then micro isn't necessary because the units will be long dead by the time they reach you. but, shuttling is EXTREMELY useful at most times with these stong mecanics