Introducing "Terrans" new Armory

Discussion in 'Terran' started by taz, Jul 20, 2007.

Introducing "Terrans" new Armory

Discussion in 'Terran' started by taz, Jul 20, 2007.

1. taz

taz New Member

• just seen the post in battle.net and...well... i thought you guys might be interested!

with better pics, the new units are:
      • Banshee
      Only Ground attack available (Think ground version of Valkyrie in SC1) And also has Cloak ability
      [img width=661 height=655]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3555/111gt7.jpg[/img]
      • Viking
      [img width=585 height=501]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6113/112sn1.jpg[/img]
      [img width=526 height=541]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3648/114sj1.jpg[/img]
      • Cobra
      The terran unit look like vulture, shown another screen shot days ago
      [img width=655 height=657]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4943/113gm4.jpg[/img]
      • Thor
      Thor do not produced from any building, it directly built from SCV's construction
      [img width=600 height=558]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3672/115hr0.jpg[/img]
      • reapers
      Reapers have mines, that works similar as spider mine in SC1
      [img width=561 height=603]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4849/117mn9.jpg[/img]

for more pics of terran units check out this link:
    http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=sc-general&t=211431&p=1&#post211431

Bonus 300 minerals for a great info.

2. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Re: Introducing "Terrans" new Armoury

If this is real, incredible find... wow, freakin sick! :powerup:
    Good job, newcomer. And wow, Thor built by the SCV itself? Ghosts can truly snipe! Ahhh
    I love you!
    -edit- The nuke's explosion is simply massive... if they're really this powerful that's going to be awesome since they're so hard to use.
    The add-ons work exactly how I imagined them, same add-ons for each building you have to choose your way.
    This is freaking fantastic. I think Blizzard has stolen my heart with the Terran... they just look too cool. The only unit I'm not so sure of is the Cobra, although we have no information about how it works. Just something about it... I don't know. The banshees are cool, this makes me believe even more strongly that the Viking's flyer mode is anti-air only. 15 hitpoints for marines from the shield!!! Oh boy... reaper mines, people have been expecting this somewhat, that's going to make them far more useful. Terran defense... you better watch out for. That fortress looks pretty mean in that screenshot... and the Thor's got a long range of fire.
    -edit2-
    just realized the Banshee can cloak... holy christ... sounds like cloaked guardians to me almost...

3. DDDx

DDDx New Member

That is cool man great find.

4. BaneOfHumanity

BaneOfHumanity New Member

judging by the few pics of the Thor on that link where you got theses...it seems that the Thor is a ultimate unit almost...

5. taz

taz New Member

i dont dont think thor is built from an SCV, i thinks it built "by" an SCV, if what you say its true...omg just imagine how many SCV's you need to get a thor (might as well call it vultran :p)

i'm not sure if i quite understand u? Blizzard quite clearly said that thor is an ultimate unit, i think they added it for extra muscle

6. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I meant by when I said from, I have corrected it in my first post. All the old units for Terran seem even more useful than before, and the new ones are just sick. Ghosts are going to be so much more useful than before with their critical damage sniping ability. I'm finally sold on Reaper's usefulness... I was skeptical, they just seemed like weaker marines who could jump around, but now, with mines, they're good for defense and all sorts of strategies... mad props taz, mad props Blizzard!
    -edit-
    The reaper is a firebat, a vulture, and a dude with a freakin jetpack all in one!!!

7. Ych

Ych New Member

%(&^*O^&)(*&)^(*&%&(*%&%*&)%(*&^ OMFG OMFG
    WOW MY GOD. I think I am going to have a mental breakdown. I need some time to absorb. I will post my opinions later. I need to take a real good look at these new stuff first.

By the way. You just earned yourself some major :powerup: :powerup: :powerup:
    Excellent Find.

8. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

aye good finds just saw them on bnet nice to see the bomber from the artwork and im not sure about the others though dont like how the thor gets built just seems very SupComish

9. Ych

Ych New Member

10. BaneOfHumanity

BaneOfHumanity New Member

uh...ok I didnt read that....nm then...

11. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Ych9, you're a wonderful person. A great find by you as well! And Thor was said NOT to be an ultimate unit. Don't know where you think you heard that... The Terran add-ons are such an incredibly cool idea. The Reactor add-on allowing two units to be built at once! Wow, that's nuts. I'm pretty sure I'm going to play Terran when this game comes out, and from the looks of it, it seems to be further along than I had imagined!
    -edit-
    The plasma injection ability of the Battlecruiser has a strange name, if that's the name of the upgrade and it simply lets it fire at more targets, then that'd be cool. But if it's another Yamato gun-esque ability, I find that a little strange.

12. taz

taz New Member

hehe beat me by a few secs Ych9 nice find!

one part that i'm reeeally wondering about is:

"Tech-Center and Reactor / Addons (Tech Render)
    Tech-center allows the production of higher tier and tech units. Reactor allows units to be built two at a time, instead of the usual one at a time. But you can only have one at a time, so you cannot train 2 high tech units at once. Also all buildings can use the same addons and mismatch.
    "

does that mean add-ons come only in two looks (no more dstinctive add- ons for each building)

oh & btw, in this pic you can see the new war acadamy on the top-right corner
    [img width=550 height=334]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6231/2007072000001121be0.gif[/img]

13. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I believe it does mean no distinct looks for each building's add-ons. And you're a little too late on the sc2armory.com info, Ych9 found that. You two are on fire though! I can't wait to go Barracks with reactor add-ons, pumping out shielded Marines with the mine-laying, fire shooting Reapers! If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty excited about this. And I think if you're not, you're not a real Starcraft fan =P :p =P :thumbup: :thumbup:
    -edit- The Reactor is also in that picture, it's not featured in any of the others. It's the Barracks' add-on smack dab in the middle. Annnnd it seems the Terrans can also build some sort of cannon defense structure. Check out the strange, darker building next to the Supply Depots. It basically looks like a cannon tower.

14. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Great Job on the terrific find, Taz! That's pretty amazing. I wonder how the Ghosts will "Snipe." I remember there was some game a few years back where you could literally go from 1st person to map view in an RTS game. I doubt they'd incorporate an entire 1st person view just for the Ghost, but on the other hand since it's 3D and the camera is more or less rotatable I don't think it's impossible; just unlikely. That'd be so sweet tho, if, while stationary, you could sort of go through the lens of the Ghost and do some real damage; call it extreme "micromanaging."

Okay, I think I'm getting ahead of myself, haha.

So the Thor IS or IS NOT the Terran ultimate unit? I saw in earlier posts that only the Protoss will have an ultimate unit... anyone know for sure?

15. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Karune said in a post on it that the first Swedish translated leak of the Thor was an exaggeration... it will apparently be very slow to move and turn, just have a huge amount of firepower. It is NOT an Ultimate Unit. As for the Ghost sniping, I think that would really piss of the Korean players because it would be so hard to go back and forth. I could be wrong though. I think it would just be more of a bother, I'd prefer if they just had a way to snipe with a long ass range, long cooldown, and really just rip apart biological units.

16. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!

Yeah, Thor won't be a super unit, Blizz already said the races aren't getting superunits other than Toss. As for the Ghost sniping, I love it. I can't wait to have the set positions and everything, it'll feel like the Toss version of the Dark Templar in terms of dmg against units. My question is is the Banshee the bomber that everyone's been wanting so far?

17. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Yea, you're probably right, Khemdaddy. I'm happy with the units as is. Thanks for clearing up the Thor thing. So I guess the other races won't have ultimate units. Boo. On the other hand, I'm guessing the ability to build numerous Thors would balance out a single ultimate unit like the Mothership.

18. Alukard

Alukard New Member

this should be moves into the news....

19. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!

Oh and on a sidenote, love the sig Archlimit :)

20. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I was going to say the same thing, that sig is sick as hell, Archlimit.
    In one of the screenshots, captioned Terran Ambush, we can see a Banshee/Reaper raid upon a small Protoss base. It's hard to see the Banshee's attack, but maybe some one with better eyes could take a good look at it. It doesn't look like the area of effect attack similar to the Valkyrie like the info says, but maybe that's an activated ability or it only does that against units. I'm not sure if it's exactly the bomber that everyone really wants, but it should fit the role very well since it sounds like it has a strong siege/area of effect attack and can cloak. I think it's going to be a great unit.