Interesting Diablo site...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Oct 2, 2008.

Interesting Diablo site...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    diablo3.com was down so, remembering how Blizzard bought, or whatever, the diablo3.com domain before announcing it, decided just for the hell of it to see if diablo4.com had been nabbed. As it turned out, when I went to diablo4.com, I was redirected to world-of-diablo.com, which was censored by theesa.

I doubt it means much at all, though. What're your thoughts?

2. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    how can they censor out an entire site? and what is theesa?

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    How can't you censor out an entire site? It's simple.

And theesa's 'THE Entertainment Software Association' (hence THEESA). You just have to click on it to find out... :p

4. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    I can create a page too that's called Universe of Starcraft, or Starcraft Ghost project, with a single link saying that it is censored by THEESA or PATREECIA or by the CIA. :p

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yeah, I don't quite buy this one. It seems more of a ploy to generate interest for the site URL before we should be excited about it.

Blizzard has a long history of not thinking down the road when it comes to video game expansions, and they really don't have to. Case in point is Diablo3.com. Blizzard didn't even attempt to acquire (nor did they need to) the domain. In fact they just let the domain develop under someone else before they stole it back.

That is how copyright works.

My analysis here is that someone other than Blizzard (who in the future hopes for $$ from Blizzard, much as Diablo3.com did) bought the domain and is trying to generate premature interest on it.

Since there is no Diablo 4 title, nor is there any reason for said game to be titled World of Diablo, I would assume it is a third party. Also, as was mentioned in this thread already, no organization can "block" a website. It's just not possible or legal.