Infestor

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Shellshock, Oct 20, 2009.

Infestor

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Shellshock, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Shellshock

Shellshock New Member

What does The infestor practic? Only he burrows?

2. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    what are you meaning?

the roll of this units is to go ahead of the army and "soften up" the enemy so to speak.

and it can move while burrowed.

3. Shellshock

Shellshock New Member

I still don't get it...so he is just moving while he is burrowed? like an observer of protoss,the only difference is he travel underground

4. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Yes, but the infestor moves more slowly while burrowed. There's an upgrade to change that, too.

5. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    good looking creature is all i can say.

6. Shellshock

Shellshock New Member

I found

He has 3 abilities:

"Disease" - Covers enemy units with disease that reduces health by a percentage.
    "Dark Swarm" - Creates a large fog that reduces enemy eye sight causing ranged attacks to miss.
    "Infestation" - Covers an emeny structure with a volotile liquid causing it to become infested. The infested building can then produce Infested Terran units to do it's bidding.

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

That was the oldest info about the Infestor, base on the last battle report we can confirm that it has currently:

* Spawn Infested Terrans - it literally spawns out infested marines from its mouth... weird.
    * Neural Parasite - a temporary mind control targeted to one unit.
    * Fungal... something - I think this one is a debuff type ability slowing and immobilizing..

I've read it from SC wikia days ago, and I'm sure that is much updated than the Darkswarm and disease.

8. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I don't know why but I think Blizzard will cut the Spawn Infested Terrans and come back to the infestation of Terran Buildings to get infested Terrans.

I saw some weird things in all the Battle Reports. I am approximatively sure that Blizzard makes those weird things just for spectacles, and also for tests. And they're looking for our feedbacks. When most of the people criticize a weird idea from Blizzard like spawning infested Terrans from the Infestor the devs will come back to their original concepts.

9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Yea but you've seen that video online right???

Like 4 go in a base and spawn everywhere completly oblitering the base, it spawned so many from barracks(come to think of it that would be changed)

But it could be pointless against terran cuz there stupid supply depots can't be walked under (can't walk under buildings) so it would be hard to do so, but I guess if they don't have detection and they use a barracks to block then you could infest it and destroy the blockade with minimal effort and or damge to you're forces, maybe if you infest a Terran building you can spawn them would be a little better but would make it unused.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  10. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

Sounds like the infestor sucks now. You kinda need dark swarm against fleets of battlecruisers and carriers.

11. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    no you just need like 15-20 currupters and they will all be dead, unless you're talking about a ground unit, then its ganna be the hyrda of course, maybe they could just make it shield you from air att if its that big of a problem.

12. LoVeRBoy[E]

LoVeRBoy[E] New Member

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
    Here is a link with updated information on the Infestor. http://sc2pod.com/wiki/Infestor

Looks like freedom hit the nail on the head.

But yeah, the infestor spitting out the infested terrans is a really crappy idea. I mean where does he get the terrans from? Does he eat them or something and infect them and spit them out when he's ready to use them lol.

13. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    that's the lore that they created, yes

(kinda dumb)