Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

Infested Terrans in Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by NotDeadYet, Jun 7, 2007.

1. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet New Member

With the new Zerg ability to create Banelings, I think it's safe to assume that the suicidical exploding Terrans are gone. But, do you think that the Infested Terran will be in SC2 in some form? I hope so - I mean, their portraits and voices from SC were cool in a creepy Zerg-ish way, and Terran infestation is somewhat important to the storyline. Perhaps the Infested Terrans will become campaign units, or be given Gauss Rifles (Maybe rifles that fire acidic blasts or something like that) instead of their suicide attack?
    -NotDeadYet-

2. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    they are too cool to go
    infterran should be much stronger than the bangelings and be abit of a reward since their hard to get.

3. Agamemnon

Agamemnon New Member

Banelings probably just dont do as much damage as the infested terrans do. Nothing beats taking out important buildings with infested Terrans!

4. Pix

Pix New Member

Well I believe that in Ghost, Infesteds had some way to infest the weaponry of the Marines... using this to shoot at enemies with "Infected" ammunition or some such thing - perhaps the Infested Terrans are making a comeback after all?
    ~Pix~

5. mc2

mc2 New Member

It is likely that infested terrans are removed from SC2. Since there's Banelings and Blizzard mentioned that SC2 will have the same number of units as SC1.

The problem here is that you can only get infested terrans when your opponent is terran. That was a major complaint from fans. And the fact that getting a queen to a half damaged command center and infested it and moving it out safely is also quite difficult. When going up against experienced players, the IT always get killed before even reaching the target. So I think Banelings are better than infested terrans.

Anyway it's nice to play around with them using cheats. Like taking out the entire enemy's base by dropping them in through overlords :D

And here's the thing. Their explosive back pack can cause 500 damage, so why can't the Zerg just use the hydralisk or mutalisk to propel those explosions onto the enemy? It's a lot easier that way :p

6. Pix

Pix New Member

The Zerg definately needs to retain two or three suicide units - it fits perfectly with that whole "Live for the Swarm" mentality.
    ~Pix~

7. mc2

mc2 New Member

Live for the swarm? More like "Die for the swarm" or "My life for the swarm"

8. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    As the Infested Terran itself says, "For the Overmiiind!"

9. EdwardLuke

EdwardLuke New Member

Nooo, but without infested terrans...
    Not being able to infest anything takes an entire aspect away from the zerg!

10. AvatarTM

Yeah, altough i'm not a big fan of the zerg, i'll still want em in sc2,since it is a big reward via capturing a damaged command center and extremely fun to use.Although it might be possible that the new Banelings might have the same health as that of zerglings, nothing a couple of seige tanks can't handle...
    I'm just praying that the Banelings arn't a level1 upgrade..or the rush would be very, very painful

11. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    :O i bet they keep infested terrans just for the fact that infestation is extremely important to the zerg way of life... i bet young zerg learn how to infest about the same time they learn how to walk

12. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i don't think they are necessary with banelings.

13. thitian

thitian New Member

to me it looks like zerg infested terrans and now evolved/ adapted the infested terrans genepool into theyr own et voila ... banelings which are just more useful than the actual infested terran unit and theres nn for infesting a cc first at all :thumbup:
    zerg should now infest nexus!!!
    no way zerg need to infest cc again

14. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea. infested marines and zealots. and it should be like half the CC for a queen to infest and no shield for the Nexus to infest, so it's easier.

15. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    Infested Terrans should remain in SC2. They should maintain their Suicidal Explosion but also have a ranged infested Gauss Rifle (as was supposed to be in SC Ghost)

16. paragon

paragon Guest

What would an infested gauss rifle do?
    The gauss rifle uses magnetic acceleration to get a bullet up to hypersonic speeds.
    The infested one would... be broken?

17. DontHate

DontHate New Member

turn all units hit by it into an infested version of the unit?

18. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

that would send shrapnel every which way.

19. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Modified to fire spines or acid?

Anyway it would be cool to see them as more than just suicide bombers.

20. shadow

shadow New Member

alright!!!! i like that thought.imagine twenty infested marines comming running on someones base defenses blasting(for instance) down all marines and other guarding units while running, then when trough the defences they throw down there weapons and jump on that somenes buildings. and the victime whould go like: what the h..l just happened