Infested Structures

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Teh Chosen One, Sep 13, 2007.

?

Infested Protoss?

1. Infest Nexus?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Infest Zealots?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Infested Structures

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Teh Chosen One, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Teh Chosen One

Teh Chosen One New Member

As you know the zerg only has infested Command centers, Do you want the zerg to infest more building like the protoss Gateway, Terran stargates, etc. Do you want more infested structures?

Two new options added!:(Thanks to moobox)

Only infest terrans
    Only infest protoss

2. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Yes i woul loved to see more Infested buildings but i think 2 is enough 2 Protoss build and 2 Terran build, because too much makes unfair :)

3. Teh Chosen One

yeah but the terran medics should use drugs to control some zerg structures and the protoss...huh i dont know...mind control a drone to build a hatchery so he can control an overall race?

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

infestation must to be back, it's the back bone of the whole story. as for more buildings, it could work, just make infested units do something other than suicide bombing

5. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

it should be some more i think, not to many but more... o and fix infest terran.

6. Teh Chosen One

An idea:

Infested templar archives:
    must be serverely damaged (numbers to the red)
    stats:same as original templar archives with shields and all and can regenerate if damaged
    Produce:infested dark templar(protosscommander idea) with cloak
    Special ability: boosts damage by 10 for 20 seconds (150 Energy) - consume (same as ever)

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I would like to see an infested cybernetics core. The drone starts morphing into a warp nexus then when it is doen the core begins to warp in. Then zerg can use infested dragoons

8. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

aye infestation should be taken to the next level and also have effective counters like medic being able to stop it with some ability like restoration or such

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Infested Dragoons would make sense story-wise.....

10. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I would like to see it in the single player but in multiplayer no. Infestation really wasn't worth all the trouble.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The problem would be how to explain how a cybernetics core got from Air to wherever the Zerg are fighting. They have a decidedly low tech approach. I was thinking maybe they hijacked the psi grid or something. Another thing to mention though is the Overmind tried to open a warp conduit or whatever it is called in its final battle when Tassadar killed it so that could be used in the explanation. The zerg do posses warp capabilities

12. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Yeah, infested dragoons. That would be nice.

13. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I personally think that infested terran should instead be an assimilated strain in the zerg swarms that you can create from a larva. It is difficult to infest buildings and distorts the game play because the infested units you can use depends on the team you are playing against instead of having a set tech tree.

Also I don't like the idea completely of infested protoss (even though they would be bad ass). but really, the infested protoss would just be the hybrids and I think they should be and will be introduced into the game through the Duran secret mission and not the invasion of Auir.

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well I was saying dragoons. Not exactly the might of the Protoss. The hybrid would be more powerful still.

15. moobox

moobox Member

Logically if Infestation did return for the Zerg, it should only be possible for Terran buildings. The reason for this is that with all Terran buildings, they train units and build vehicles right at the building itself. The Protoss warp in their units from another part of Protoss controlled space/planet. If the Zerg infested a Gateway for example, the Protoss would not allow it's soldiers to be warped through to that Gateway ever again, thus rendering the Infested Gateway useless to the Zerg.

I voted "No, keep the command center" since "Infestation of only Terran buildings" wasn't an option.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It depends on the building. The Gateway and Stargate are just portals and the robotics facility is automated but We know that the Citadel of Adun and the Templar archives do have Protoss in it and due to its function of binding fallen warriors to a Dragoon the Cybernetics bay would too

17. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

as I recall the infestation is done by the queen. And since most people hated this unit (because it was useless), it is most likely to get the AX. Now someone mentioned that infestation is hard to pull of. By the time that happens you as a zerg player is most likely winning the war anyway. Just a waste of time trying to infest. Infest is useless in a real game.

However, with the new salvage ability of the Terran, infestation is most likely not going to happen to any Terran buildings. Why should they? They'll just salvage it and get money and gas back. That leaves well....the Protoss..... But storywise most infestation are of biological units only. Even though you take over the CC you only spit out infested terrans and Kerrigan did infest the Matriach again another biological unit. So mech units are not going to be ever infested.

But honestly I think Blizzard is going to take out infestation in the game. It was useless.

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think that infst could just be changed. Make it a channeling spell.

Heres my idea you have a unit designed for infesting stuff. You tell it to infest an enemy building (possibly thros too) and it will attach itself and begin to eat through the hull. While it is doing this it can be attacked and if destroyed infestation will stop. After 10 seconds if it is still alive the building is infested and you can begin to build an infested version of some units.

My ideas were:
    Infested marine from barracks
    Infested tank from factory
    infested predator fro starport
    infested thor from ... the thor.

The infestation damages the structure so it will have lower HP after infestation and the units that come out will have less hitpoints pand possibly lose their special ability (stims dont work on infested terrans etc)

19. coreyb

coreyb Guest

I think there should be all the infested basic unit's and structure's because it won't fit iff they have infested tech building's or strong unit's because that's pritty much being that side! , so hence it should only be basic infected unit's and structure's ,

There's my say! :)

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Maybe have infest work like spawn broodling