Infested Samir Duran

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Protosscommander, Aug 20, 2007.

?

Would you like to see Samir Duran as an Infested in Starcraft 2?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No! not an Infested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Infested Samir Duran

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Protosscommander, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Infested Samir Duran

[img width=550 height=758]http://www.blizzard.de/images/broodwar/heroes/duran/duranfull.jpg[/img]

Samir Duran is one of the most mysterious beings in the StarCraft universe. Duran first appears as a leader of an anti-Dominion resistance force early in Brood War Episode V[19], and allies with the United Earth Directorate. Although Duran provides invaluable data on the Dominion to the UED, he also allows Zerg to overwhelm their strike forces on Aiur, sabotaging the objectives of that mission[15]. As a result, Alexei Stukov suspects him of being a traitor late in Episode V, at which point Duran kills him[16] and shows that he is working with Sarah Kerrigan[17], revealing himself as an infested Terran.

With Duran as her advisor, Kerrigan successfully establishes herself as the dominant power in the sector, taking command of the majority of the Zerg Swarm in Episode VI. However, despite his valued assistance, Duran vanishes shortly before Kerrigan is attacked in Brood War's final mission. He is discovered by Zeratul in a secret mission on an unknown moon, engineering a Protoss/Zerg hybrid[20]. At this point it is made clear that Duran is not working for Kerrigan, but for a much greater but unknown power.

Due to a lack of appearances in any other media, Duran's true nature is a mystery, and Blizzard Entertainment has not elaborated on his character. What is for certain is that Duran is highly intelligent and manipulative, demonstrating a degree of knowledge of Protoss technology[20] and Zerg control hierarchy[21]. He is able to fool the UED into thinking he is a thirty-three year old[3] human and Kerrigan into thinking he is infested when he is neither, although the means by which he accomplishes this are not known. Duran also claims to have "had many names throughout the millennia", displaying that he is far older than any other character in StarCraft; even the extremely long lived Protoss rarely live over a single millennium. Fan speculations link Duran to nearly every faction and character in the game, but the most common theory is that he is a Xel'Naga. Duran's voice is provided by Paul Ainsley[9] and is represented in-game as a ghost agent.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I am betting we will see him again. He probably has connections/is behind the Xel'Naga artifacts

3. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

I hope he comes back. It would be nice to see armies of Samir Durans charging at the forces of the Zerg, Protoss and Terran...

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    WTF are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, allow me to properly state my misunderstanding...

????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

Samir Duran is ALREADY INFESTED! I don't think people get uninfested and then reinfested for SC2. You're insane.

Black Sheep WTF?

5. Matriarch

Matriarch New Member

I don't think he's infested at all.

6. WuHT

WuHT New Member

he's evil so we know that much.

Wouldn't be surprised if he there would be a campaign where you're confronting samir..and he grotesquely mutates in front of you into .......

hehe

7. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    You guys... I'm telling you that Samir Duran was infested in SC:Brood War. He is now a "Zerg" minion, but apparently works for other masters as well.

He is a Zerg character. He was infested.

8. Matriarch

Matriarch New Member

I think his something alot more complicated and important then an infested zerg agent agent.

9. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

No, you're mistaken. Samir Duran was never infested, he was just pretending to be infested. His powers even allowed him to fool Kerrigan and the rest of the zerg broods into thinking that he was infested, and allowed the UED to trust him. Its all about trust. In fact, Samir Duran is working for a greater, older force, that is most probably the Xel'Naga.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    ??? What????

Dude... he was infested. Where or not he is under Zerg control, or Terran control, is another matter.

He may be able to change his shape, but he is still not "human." He will be infested.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I am betting he is a better manipulator that Kerrigan how else would he get into her inner circle.  I doubt he is infested but i just making Kerrigan think he is. Remember Kerrigan has spikes where she used to have hair and two large claws on her back. Infested marines have tentecles. Clearly the infesting process chanes your appearance Duran doesn't look infested.

12. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

There are more things in the universe than infested and non-infested terrans...
    He's most probably part of the Xel'Naga, who can change from being infested back to being non-infested and vice versa whenever he wants.

13. venado

venado New Member

I don't think he's infected.... he's dominated by Xel Naga, or is a Xel'naga himself....
    Anyway, I don't like this guy

14. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
  15. Protosscommander

Well as we saw in the last part of the Broodwar, Duran is infested already, so may be he is really an infested Human Ghost.

PEACE :thumbup:

16. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

No, Protosscommander, he was only disguised as an Infested Human. If he had been truly Infested, then Kerrigan would have held full control over him, and he wouldn't have been able to slip away like he did without her noticing it.

17. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I think he meant infested as in the Unit Model. As you know my opinion of Duran SirBaron. :) And now that I think more on it he may be a different Unit Model all together.

18. Protosscommander

Yap, i was wrong youre right. He must be diguising as an Infested :) PEACE

19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

back 2d topic = i dont want to see him anyway lol ^_^

20. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

how does one "disguise" themselves as infested? With the mental control of the zerg (their Purity of Essence) wouldn't it be impossible to pretend to be infested? Wouldn't the other zerg know? The fact that he can have his own will means that he was probably not infested. Kerrigan would have reverted back to the control under the overmind if he was reborn.

Duran could probably pass himself off as infested to humans. But I can't imagine that the zerg wouldn't know if he was or wasn't infested.