Infested Sacred Shrine. Possible new Zerg unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by jaywalker, Jun 15, 2007.

Infested Sacred Shrine. Possible new Zerg unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by jaywalker, Jun 15, 2007.

1. jaywalker

jaywalker New Member

Hi guys, I just saw this and was thinking maybe this'll give some hint about new zerg unit.

here:
    http://starcraft2.com/features/protoss/

and here: Immortal
    i wonder what the shrine will do to the zerg force, hopefully not ability to create exploding dragoons though :p lol

2. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

hmm are you sure its not just talking about just some shrine on aiur :p

3. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

yeah...I would assume they wouldn't just give you an infested Protoss unit without having to do something to get it...like infest a Protoss building

It's most likely just a thing they put in there as a reason to get rid of the old dragoons

4. coalescence

coalescence New Member

God man, it's just a story, learn to think.

5. jaywalker

jaywalker New Member

Well I know to think lol (though may not the best thinker in the world). Besides, who says something in the story can't be implement into the game :p anyway just a thought that I think is interesting, peace out.

6. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    oh he was trying to be creative :p

7. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Go knitting :p

8. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

i dont think we will see any infested protoss units, mainly because the protoss would have warped in most of their buildings to shakuras

9. LoserInLosing

LoserInLosing New Member

I agree it has to be part of the story, i cant imagine infested tosses

10. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think it's just an excuse to change them to immortals.

On a side note why can't they just build a new one?

11. Sinbues

Sinbues New Member

Thats an awsome idea but i dont think blizzard is gunna take advice from us pplz >.>

12. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

I think the whole protoss/zerg concept is interesting no matter what you think or speculate about it. But as far as making zerg dragoons just because you have an infested protoss building goes, I think its a little more complicated then that.

The protoss are probably way too sophisticated to have their DNA modified and copied so easily, unlike the simpler life forms that were previously assimilated into the swarm.

13. Bullet101

Bullet101 New Member

I'm sorry, but you don't just build sacred shrines.

14. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

I dought there will be infested Dragoons, because Zerg would need crippled Protoss to power them.

15. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Why not, it didn't just appear out of thin air. They have been using the shrine to make dragoons for who knows how long but they don't know how it works or how to replicate the tech used for the process? Even if it was mostly (or even all) Xel'naga tech I would think the Protoss would know enough to reverse engineer or jury rigging something close to it.

16. Bullet101

Bullet101 New Member

I'm not saying they don't know how, but it was a sacred shrine. You don't just build them because you lost it.

17. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Again, why not? If they can't make any more dragoons/immortals then eventually there will be no more and their army will lose a valuable asset. So wouldn't it make sense to make a new one if they can? I understand it was sacred and all that but it's been defiled by the zerg and in these desperate times they need every advantage they can get.

18. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'm just gonna go out on a limb here...maybe since their population was severely decimated, maybe its just easier to make the stalkers using the Dark Templar tech and shrines. Since I'm guessing that there are more protoss now that use dark templar energy as opposed to high templar, its just easier to gain access to dark energy as opposed to the energy needed to make dragoons

19. Bullet101

Bullet101 New Member

I'm not exactly sure about the story behind the Temple, but for all I know the Xel'naga (did I get that right?) could of instructed the Protoss to build that temple. And If they did build another one, from what I've seen from the Protoss, the veteran warriors probably wouldn't volunteer because it was the sacred shrine that was supposed to do that. (Another possibility is that they don't have the tech, because they never thought they'd lose it)

Also, sorry if I'm a bit hard to understand.

20. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Well I didn't even know they had a special temple to make them (thought it just needed the cyber core) so I can only speculate. I don't see why injured warriors would give up the opportunity to continue fighting to save their race just because it wasn't the same shrine. And I don't think that the Xel'naga instructed them to make it since the protoss didn't come together until long after they left. They might not have expected to lose the shrine, but it just seems to me that an intelligent race like the protoss would know (at least a little) about how something as important as that shrine works. It's possible that itsmyship is right, however the way it was implied as a lack of ability not just that it was simpler not to.