Improving the Ultralisk's attack

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BnechbReaker, Aug 11, 2007.

Improving the Ultralisk's attack

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by BnechbReaker, Aug 11, 2007.

1. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

I would love to see the ultralisk back in stracraft 2, however it's attack should be made more dynamic, rather than just an old boring melee attack, it's massive attack should be made more exciting, and every swipe with it's huge claws make an impact. so here are some ideas, they are separate and could be implemented individually.

1 percentage splash damage to non-primary targets within a frontal semi-arc area
    2 primary target, if small enough, gets thrown backwards through the air, and get stunned for a while after it lands
    3 ability be crush units in it's massive pincers (button command with cool down)

2. Darkmer

Darkmer New Member

I like the splash damage, it only makes sense since they are so massive and powerful.

The knock back isn't so cool. I don't think blizzard would implement something like that and it doesn't make as much sense.

The crush ability is a good idea though. Since they cost so much and are supposed to be a high tier unit, give them a sweet ability like "Pincher Crush" deals 200 damage to a single unit taking up some energy or on a cool down.

I would really like to see the ultralisk get some sweet perks. Its body, if you notice, is covered in blades and it seems a walking death machine, I want that to kinda be shown in game, make it more fearsome.

How about you add a rush ability, "Rampage" movement speed is doubled for 10 seconds. It would really help the ultralisk avoid getting damaged too much by range and getting pwned by fast moving ranged microers. It would also let him get to battle quicker and chase down those pesky runners.

3. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

he needs a trample ability and maybe just a tad more damage

4. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I think a berserker ability to get + 10 or 15 attack. however as to make this not too powerful you would loss control of it and it would attack random units maby even your own.

5. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

I think it could lift from the ground all the units it attacks, and then not only they would become unable to respond, but he would be able to slowly chew them in the air, and run away from the fire while doing it. Imagine an Ultralisk picking up one of your Siege-tanks and running away with it? "Hey, gimme that back!" lol

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

hehe nice idea eye, however i wouldn't recommend picking up siege tanks cos if you do so, you are just asking to be blasted in the face point blank.

7. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    this is exactly what i'm thinking about...

you guys ever played LOTR:War of the Ring? the troll bone cleavers swipe ability should also be available to the ultralisk if it will ever make a comeback...

8. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

Splash damage sounds good to me! :good: I love ultras! I would use them just about every game to soak up damage from tanks and reavers. I thought they were one of the best zerg unit. I never understood why some people did not like them at all... Are they too expensive???

9. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

They just don't know how to use them. And a high tier unit that's not so easy to use ends up sort of misused by many. I mean, Ultras are melee, and that's heavily associated with low tier units. Ppl just don't see it's compensations for that.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

any ability that slows, stuns, splash damage enemies is good for the new ultralisk.

11. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

But what it really needs is mobility. If only it could cross other units in it's path, then it would be perfect.

12. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

YAP I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE UTRALISK IN STARCRAFT 2 BECAUSE THEY ARE SO POWERFUL WHEN IT COMES TO A GROUND ATTACK... WOW

SPLSH!!!

13. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

14. Protosscommander

Ok lol il view it....

15. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

hmmmmm... maybe time for a new ultralisk, how bout an attack modification from kaiser blades to kaiser boomerang?? or maybe being able to atk in air?? hmm ultras are really not worth it back then so maybe they can tweak something for the new taste ey???

16. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ New Member

I would just be happy with improved Ultralisk AI and movement possibility. Has anyone ever tried to move 12 Ultralisks down a LT ramp at one time? By the time your done... the enemy is laughing at you as they kill your Ultras one or two at a time and the third is somewhere near your nexus and the 4th is wandering with your drones and the 5th is behind the 9th Ultra and the 8th is looking at the enemy as they slaughter his friends.

17. Protosscommander

Same to me lol if as we saw they are very powerful in Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwar what if they will evolved in to a much much poerful wow can u imagine that !!

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

make the new ultralisk the ultimate tank. ultralisk should have the highest hp in the game (units and structures).

19. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

My Ultralisk Suggestion:
    Same Old Ultralisk with a New Ability

"Rampage" - Rams units in a straight line and deals a large amount of units
    note: own units are also affected, instant kill on small units like marines, zerglings or ghosts
    reapers won't be killed cuz they're gonna fly lolz

20. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

upgrade ultras to torrasq