I'll tell you whats Overpowered...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bio0rmech, May 15, 2010.

I'll tell you whats Overpowered...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bio0rmech, May 15, 2010.

1. Bio0rmech

Bio0rmech New Member

Ok, iv been playing this game and we were having a great game i mean no cheese stuff going on all the sudden..... The guy just starts massing corrupters and brood lords... thats freaken OP right there my vikings cant even outrange the corrupters even when theres lag. brood lords are very op id rather have gaurdians than Broodlords... because cmon? he just masses both of those with a mad lings cause he had the money 2... i think brood lords are op tell me if u agree or disagree

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    If your opponent gets the chance to mass such expensive units, then you're simply not putting enough pressure on him. It's not overpowered, you're just allowing him to do that. Because seriously, there's no way that he can get a large force like that, without you having at least some battlecruisers and a load of vikings.^^

Don't forget that brood lords are way up in the tech tree. If he has high tier units, then so should you.

3. Arc

Arc New Member

nope i don't think so personally, before you can go to brood lord tech, you need a greater spire first, which then first needs a hive, the price of a broodlord ain't a joke as well, just about the same as a void ray (cost), then again one can easily tech to voids compared to broods, which makes voids more OP, so if you're thinking broods are OP, tell that to the protoss first, lastly, corruptors, infestors, and broodlords are the zerg's late game units, much like the battlecruiser, so there's no issue here really

corruptors are the zerg's counter to capital ships like BCs And Carriers so i think they just right, given that zerg doesn't have a proper tier 1 AA excluding queens

+1 to aurora, it's mainly one's fault if the enemy zerg has those forces, coz basically, once the zerg have infestors, broodlords and a mass of mutalisks, you're doomed, coz that's the greatest late game army in my own opinion, BCs can't do **** when they get controlled/ fungal growth-ed by infestors, mutalisks rape everything in groups, they should be able to destroy mass vikings along with the corruptors and neural parasite-d BCs

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  4. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    I agree with Aurora and Arc. It's your fault that you've let them grow in strength (and resources) by not pressuring them.

5. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    StarCraft (II) is pretty unforgiving like that; If you're not doing all of the right things at all of the right times then you're gonna get ground into the dust, so don't take it personally that we're all telling you it's your fault.

6. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    All I can say is (and don't take it personal) learn to scout and attack atleast every 5 minutes dumb-***.

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I'm no expert, far from, but when I have the chance to make, say, 4+ carriers, it means that whoever I was fighting (A) did not attack my workers ASAP (you have Reapers man - you should be all up in their minerals) or (B) They spent THEIR time massing and didn't harass.

Terran are amazingly good at harass in SC II, you should using this to your advantage. Send a squad of 4-6 Reapers as soon as possible and totally mess up up production. Even if you only succeed in killing like 6 workers, that's a 300 mineral loss and a *insert time here* loss he has to work through.

8. Ragels

Ragels New Member

Portland, Or.
    Between the OPs lack of grammar, punctuation, and correct spelling I am going to guess he is trolling. That, and he is basically admitting to being bad and blaming it on the other player being OP.

9. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    pwobabley nawt trollin bro
    aii tink hes just having a bwad time with zerg,.,.soo cut teh gai some slack weill yew?,,he just want some eenput. lewllz.

10. Arc

Arc New Member

if anything, aside from banelings and zerglings and oh take also the queens, broodlords are one of the things that make the zerg, authentically zerg-y

11. retribution

retribution New Member

Canada, Ottawa
    Okay, so here's MY list of OP units/buildings:

Toss: chargelots, stalkers+blink, sentries, photon cannons, probes, phoenix, voidrays, carriers, observers, immortals, colossi, mothership, dark templars, and high templars. Also, the nexus is imba.

Terran: Missile turrets, reactors, marines, marauders, ghosts, medivacs, vikings, banshees, battlecruises, scvs, planetary fortress, MULE, scan, sensor towers, hellions, tanks, and supply depots.

Zerg: all units/ buildings.

So let's remove them all from the game, and it will be balanced. Or you can stop complaining, learn some hard counters, get creative, and win before they can get to the point of being OP.
    ________
    starcraft 2 replays

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  12. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA