[idea] Zerg Campaign Upgrades

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Aurora, Apr 24, 2009.

?

How about it?

1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes, but...

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No, unless...

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%

[idea] Zerg Campaign Upgrades

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Aurora, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Jurt a random, short idea that I just had:

How about having permanent upgrades in the Zerg campaign for certain units? For example: you do some secret side-missions. -fill in how you get it yourself- In those missions you only control Kerrigan and some Changelins or Overseers.

The goal is to seek out the remainders of the old Cerebrates. Once you find one of them, you get a permanent upgrade. For example, all Hydralisks become Hunter Killers from then one. Any opinions on this?

2. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

That's a massive power boost. I'd have to say no.

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Well, maybe just for a single mission then? You would first get to do the extra mission. If you succeed, then you get the chance to research it during the next mission, at a certain cost.

Would be cool to have a mission that would normally be very hard to do, but not with the extra effort of finding the secret missions. I thought that it might bring some variation into the campaign.

4. bralbers

bralbers New Member

North Carolina, USA
    I like it provided that to get to the secret mission and the secret mission is very hard.

5. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    You stole my freaking poll options!

Your second post makes it sound like the Terran upgrades, which just means it's reasonable. I'm fairly sure the Zerg campaign will have such rewards, but not in a way that they'd change basic, staple units. Being able to create hunter killers and other stronger variants of units I see a good chance for, or maybe having them spawned when you start the following mission and not being able to create more to avoid spamming special units.

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Well, my first post was a "bit" overpowered. ^^

Anyway, good feedback. I just thought it might be a nice link to the original, you know. Having to go back to dead cerebrates, and strip all the knowledge of them. It shows that Kerrigan is more and more taking over the role of the Overmind. -she takes whatever she thinks that can strengthen the Zerg swarm, and then moves on-

7. jasmine

jasmine New Member

England

I think it's potentially a good idea, for the new units introduced in part 2.

Also, it could be a campaign story a little like the chaos mission for the orcs in wc3, where all the units get some temporary upgrade, or progression of upgrades.

8. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Why not it be like some games where you beat it and if you beat it with something then you can beat again with the better great thing.

(in this case. U beat it. Do super hard mission now when you beat it again (or do your fav mission) it will have the super cool upgrade.

9. Norse

Norse New Member

Wisconsin USA
    This sounds like a fun idea to me. It wouldn't really concern me if it threw off the balance or difficulty curve a bit, because its just the campaign anyways. Its all about the story.

10. Sueco

Sueco New Member

Would have to be balanced... making all your hydras into hunter killers would really turn some of the later missions into easy mode... minor upgrades would be cool... like minor splash damage for roaches or extended hydra range or other funky stuff... like engaging to some real zerg "research" .

11. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I would say no. I would rather play with the regular units and a few heroes minions in SOME missions.