Idea for Stasis Orb

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Overling, Nov 4, 2007.

Idea for Stasis Orb

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Overling, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Overling

Overling New Member

Ok, this is my idea:

Stasis Orb is a slowing orb, designed for slowing attacking enemies, that had its role transferred to the Cobra unit.

I haven't found it in the topics in my little search, but if you guys find something similar, just shut this one. My idea is to give the reintroduced skill Hallucination to the Stasis Orb and remove its attack. This way, Stasis Orb would act like a defense mechanism that creates illusions, not increasing the attack of your forces, but increasing the survival of those.

This would make Hallucination available earlier in the game, and would make Stasis Orb useful even in late games. Hallucinations are old stuff, so its not like it can't be worked within a unit different than High Templar. And being an Orb, I would assume its role related to sight would make more sense than slowing effect.

Templars had already a new skill to replace this one, and I don't know the new skill but could be useful. Moving the Hallucination to the Stasis Orb would create new possibilities for early game, and enable the increase in survival of Zealots/Stalkers in exchange for the addition of a harmless unit, that would be less targeted for that reason. It's for the Zealots what a Terran medic is for Marines, but with a whole different function.

Stasis Orbs would have energy to cast 1 Hallucination each, and the energy required would be filled in the exact same time as the lasting period of a Hallucination. The big deal would be that the Stasis Orb wouldn't be preferably targeted, and instead of loosing money, the energy spent in creating the Hallucinations would return in time. The Hallucinations can't do damage, but the money spent on the Stasis Orb would be compensated by the reusable artifice to increase the real units' survival.

Trading 2 Stasis Orbs for another Zealot could do more direct damage, but 2 Stasis Orbs would create 2 false Zealots, which in certain situations would ensure that the real Zealots stay alive longer and deal more damage than the addition of yet another one to the group would. I don't know if I'm being clear, and if you find it unintelligible please ask me about it, ok?

What are your thoughts on this (assuming I made any sense)?