I series Cpu Integrated Graphics

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Archangelclk, Aug 4, 2010.

I series Cpu Integrated Graphics

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Archangelclk, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Archangelclk

Archangelclk New Member

Reviewing information on the i3 i5 i7 series cpus, ive seen in several places that it has integrated graphics., does this mean you do not require a video card of simply that it has a display output ability and not gaming?

2. Makeahole

Makeahole New Member

Atlanta
    Integrated graphics simply means that the video card is built into the mother board and is not a seperate card attached to the system.

3. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Member

For the Clarkdales (i3-5x0, i5-6xx), the GPU is on the same package as the CPU. The H55/H57/Q57 motherboards only supply the output connectors. Pretty much all IGP is bad at modern-gaming.

4. Archangelclk

Archangelclk New Member

so you can still use a pci express vc and diable the integrated or do they work together 1 for video and simple media and then the vc for gaming?

Also what would the reason for huge hd quality video lag be, so if you fast forward it skips and is out of sync, is that a cpu or a vc issue?

5. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Member

Depends on which one's doing the decoding. Could even be a codec or player issue. Never had any problem with Blu-ray/HD DVD on the Core i3.

When I tested a GT 240 on my parents' Core i3, the IGP was automatically disabled. Not sure if you can set it so they run simultaneously.

6. Makeahole

Makeahole New Member

Atlanta
    There should be an option in the BIOS that allows for you to shut off your Integrated Video.

7. Archangelclk

Archangelclk New Member

its a cvore2duo 2.9 but with my old p4 3.0D when im watching big files like 1gb-5gb video, and i want to fast forward it is all out of sync or is a blank or frozen screen even though audio is still outputting, my vc isnt all that bad so I could never figue it out.