I need a small Help

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by almo7areb, Oct 5, 2009.

I need a small Help

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by almo7areb, Oct 5, 2009.

1. almo7areb

almo7areb Guest

Hi all dear members

i'm new in starcraft maps creating..

i created a map but when i tried to run it in the game... it said "you need at least 1 opponent"

please how to make computer slot ????

i tried to do the from "map description" but nothing happend

waiting ur answers. thx

2. Fake ID

Fake ID New Member

I remember that from the WarCraft II-editor, you need to place a player start location. It should be somewhere around the unit folders :)

3. almo7areb

almo7areb Guest

thx my friend.. but the same problem

and i saw some maps and i'm making like them .but i need computer slots

4. Fake ID

Fake ID New Member

Now I remember, you need to go into the players-tab and click settings, then set a player to Computer, it warns you if you try to save but you need to switch the Computer into another force (I think under another tab), then save and there should be a computer-player for the map. I just did it, first got your warning and this solved it.

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

To elaborate on your "error message" You must have another player (either human or computer) activated in the map. By default, all players are assigned as Humans since the Campaign Editor assumes (I guess) that you will be making a melee/melee-type map. If you would take a look at any new map you create, the triggers are always the same with victory, defeat, and starting resource conditions.

Since you are new, you are probably using the StarCraft Campaign Editor. Open up the application and look for the Players tab. Click on the tab and it should drop down a menu. Look at the way bottom of the menu for Player Settings. When you click on it, a new window will pop-up with Player Settings and you should already be in the Properties tab. Simply select the player you want (I.e. Player 3) and you are able to edit their properties such as race (Terran, Protoss, Zerg, or User Selectable) and control (Computer, Human, Rescuable, Neutral). Once you are done with the selection, click OK.

But wait! You are not done yet! Click on the Scenario tab and select Forces from the drop down menu. Move all Computer players from Force 1 to Force 2 (or any other force besides 1) by highlighting the player and dragging/dropping the selection into Force 2's box. Once you moved all Computer players to another force, click OK.

That's it! You are done!

6. almo7areb

almo7areb Guest

Oh thanks my friends ImaGiNe and Fake iD

every thing now is good

your information are very useful and it worked on SCMdraft "i'm using it ^-^"

best wishes

7. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    When you do have a problem with staredit. Read the help topics first, they have a lot of info on the topic and other topics closely related to it. However if you still can't figure it out, we'll be glad to help you.