hydralisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by beefstew2, Aug 29, 2009.

hydralisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by beefstew2, Aug 29, 2009.

1. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

Well after playing at blizzcon i was happy to see that hydras cost had been reduced to 75/25 and are back to 1 supply. How do you think this is going to effect zerg early game? Playing i felt zerg where much stronger then the last time i played. All in all i think it'll allow for a broader view of units and strats you can use when playing with zerg as your no longer forced to go roachs and lings, banelings were hardly used according to dustin browder in internal testing.

2. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

First, welcome to the forums, which I copy from jon, since he always says that, and I feel intimidating by saying the same thing.

And yes, I am very glad that hydralisk have the reduced cost. However, did you notice whether they still have the bonus vs armoured air, or whether their HP have been nerfed?

3. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

they do 8 damage plus 4 to armored.

4. Cybertox

Cybertox New Member

Switzerland
    Oh my god!A hydralisk takes only 1 supply! Thats very dangerous that this unit is cheap and strong and take only 1 supply!!!

5. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I knew blizz would return it to its former cheaper self as all the zerg should be that way but im not holding anything till beta.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Both Jon and the wiki says it's still 100/50, not 75/25.

7. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    Wiki needs to be updated. Wiki is just a site that anyone can edit.

But it is always good news to hear that Hydras are back in action.

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Jon was at Blizzcon for sure. People who update the wiki know what they are talking about. This guy is making no sense.

9. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

Im making no sense?..... Buddy every site, teamliquid, sc2armory has this change noted. Hell i was at blizzcon also. Your jon is wrong, nothing against you. But when every site that has people that went to blizzcon and says its now 75/25 how can you agree with the one man that says other wise?

Edit: you can also go to those sites and ask if you wish, the stat changes have been made at sc2armory, whos members that were at blizzcon spent most of there times taking down stat changes.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  10. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

No Jonx did say it was like 75/50 so he knew it changed he just couldent remeber how much exacly.

As for some other site you can"t trust every site you go to.

11. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

I can if i saw those same guys in line with me at blizzcon.....and looked at the same stats....and played the same games together...

12. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I think that's it's nice to have a bit of a more old sc1 unit back. However I am rather disappionted that they have recived a slight damage nerf but that's all up to balence, and I can love with a massing unit with a little less damge because well it's a massing unit sometimes.

And because when one dies another takes it's place were the old on just died.

So I'm over all very happy to have hydras back to tier one with around normal cost and a buff in damge compared to SC1, I am over all peased and like the new changes that have been made since it was brought down to tier 1.

13. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Awesome! The zerg are now heading in the right direction. I think the only units in the zerg arsenal that should be more difficult to mass is the ultralisk, the queen, the broodlord, and possibly the overseer.

I take your word for it beefstew.

14. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

Garidain there actaully better now, in sc1 they did explosive damage, reducing the damage against alot of units. At blizzcon many people found going one base hydra was strong, maybe alittle to strong. There more of a general unit now with no longer suffering damage reductions against units that do full damage to them.

15. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    wait
    if the hydra's ground atk is 10
    and air atk is 8+4, then its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

No, its 8+4 to armored. There is no longer a bonus for air attacks. 10 damage was back in sc1, but because of explosive damage it wasnt as usefull as you think.

17. asdf

asdf New Member

hm. what does this do for the roach though? if the hydra's so cheap, the the roach is essentially just a hydra with extra regeneration. doesn't really give it a very unique role. i thought the hydra would be in place as the more expensive, heavier-damage unit to counter mid-game units like tanks, while roach is there for superiority against early-game units.

18. beefstew2

beefstew2 New Member

The roach is alittle diffrent now, it got a pretty big hp boost, only has its great hp regen when burrowed. Also just added it, it can move while burrowed.

19. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Hydras get 8 +4 versus armored (this is both attacks) while still having the same attack speed plus they move a lot quicker and you don"t have to upgrade their range anymore so they are better.

As for the roach its nothing like the hydra having half the range double the health, regeneration while burrowed, and burrowed movement but no ATG while the hydra does not to mention that its extra 8 damage is versus low armored units and it attacks slower then the hydra.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  20. alex1

alex1 New Member

Im not really convinced by the roach's attack, I wish he didnt have such a slow RoF.... (at least that's what I sa w in the BRs)