How Twilight Archons are built

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by silentmage, Aug 13, 2007.

How Twilight Archons are built

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by silentmage, Aug 13, 2007.

1. silentmage

silentmage New Member

Wait, wait, so ..... I read on another thread that Twilight Archons can be built from either two HT's or two DT's or one of each ........ Is it just me, or are the first two combinations really, really stupid? ......... I propose that instead, we keep Archs and Dark Archs and make the Twilight Archon more powerful and have it be a merge between the two types of archons.

2. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

well you are right lol u know twilights are so or i men very powerful because wait i dont know what is that name the one that the protoss archon produced is it shockwave actually im nopt sure for it but i think its oh i remember now ithink its in starcraft one the shock wave yah shock wave well it will be more fun and excitement if they will add 3 or more ability for the twilight archon in order for the game to be more strategic and very mindlynes oh heheh any way ajust want to ask if protoss twilight or i mean how the protoss twilght produced is'nt in starcraft1 u will need 2 high Templars in order to have Archon or i mean summon well the only i canm say is nice job BLIZZARD WE LOVE YOU...............

3. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

Protosscommander, I can't understand anything you said. Was that the intention?

Anyway, I expected it to be a dark/regular templar merge. I'm not sure why the two were split. Maybe mind control was to powerful (I know I hated it). And this was the only way they could think of to kill some of the abilities. But it turned out for the better I think.

4. silentmage

silentmage New Member

Well, you didn't really address why it would make sense for two templars of the same type to become a twilight archon ...... or is my info wrong? ........

5. StarCraft144000

StarCraft144000 Member

Heres something I know might not be useful but anyway you dont have that much minerals but you have a one high templar and one dark templar and you fusion them together and have one big powerful Archon that can be really useful this is my opinion.

Edit:well then sorry about that.

6. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'm pretty sure we discussed this before on the main Twilight Archon thread.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    haha you saved the dots to the end, did ya? :)

8. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

No if u have to merge a Dark archon and a normal Archon that would take to much freaking time and waist the unit space badly. the 3 different options of Templar combos is the best way to go. As it currently is blizzard has it set up were the DT and HT need 2 different buildings befor there able to be made. if your in a match waiting for a dark archon and archon is going to take toooooooo freeeeaaaaking long.

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    maybe the long waiting will pay of when you start cranking out these UberArchonS^

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Nah blizzard has done a good job choosing to use 3 different combo metheds to make Twiligh Archons. But Dt's into twilight archons is going to be uber gay. If the dt's are about to die merge them into an archone. on the pluse side archones dont rele on there health just shield. so no matter how low the Dt's life is when they make that Twlight archone it wont matter.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I frankly have no idea at how they're going to balance this. DTs cost a lot more than HTs, so the only way to balance this would be to make them cost them and their prerequisite buidings to cost the same, or better yet, have them opposites of each other, so a HT costs 50 mins and 150 gas and the DT 150 mins and 50 gas, and take the same time to build. But that could cause further imba.

Easiest way would be to add the original archons back, but that would give many players a headache. Quite a situation.

12. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

yeah money is a problem too but remeber most people will throw away a dt over a ht so thats how they fixed that problem

13. Waller_Baer

Waller_Baer New Member

if i recall correctly, the last couples times the dark templar engergies mixed with the high templar energies didn't a hugantic explosion result? (tassadar /w carrier and xel'naga structure)
    as cool as the twilight archon is, the templar combos still seem totally outta wack to me...

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think that's only because they wanted a huge explosion.

15. slugonice

slugonice New Member

DT + HT = Twilight Archon (let's stick with that people and let Blizzard worry about everything else)

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

should be

DT + HT + special building + time + resource = Twilight Archon

how can high and dark templar merge naturally? it should be a difficult process requiring time and resource and special building. the resulting twilight archon should be 3 times more powerful than plain archon

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    3 times more powerful? Now that's OP. Normal archons have attack of 30, 90 damage is close to what a Reaver did before upgrade..

18. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

For its namesake, a Dark and High of anything should be mandatory... but since 3 Archons is damn well too many...

Really, I don't see why they couldn't just have an Archon and Dark Archon...

19. Gold

Gold New Member

becuase it woudnt work within the new format of how protoss are now balanced.
    plus twightlight archons are cool, there blue like the light archon, but theyve got all the headress of the dark ones.
    Also its better to ahve the ultimate spiritual protoss unit to be a strong fighter and have good spells.

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I don't imagine the the TA will be as powerful as the normal Archon, seeing as they're more of a generalized unit, since it's made from any combination.

j/k, this unit could probably take down any other unit in the game 1 on 1.