How many SCs will there be?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by CarriersMustReturn, Nov 5, 2007.

?

How many SC games will Blizzard release?

1. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 10+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

How many SCs will there be?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by CarriersMustReturn, Nov 5, 2007.

1. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

So, how many SC games do you think Blizzard will release?

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

As long as it keeps making money, I can't think of any reason they'd stop.

3. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    It will be FF all over again, just with releases being more spread out.

4. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

And some of them actually being good :p

jk

5. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    lol, I've never been into the ff series. My ff experience:

-first half of ffX
    -first half of ff III on DS
    -ffVII movie

grand collection huh? :D

6. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I voted 2 but it'll be no more than 3.
    I am 2012 beliver though

7. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    i am so going to laugh at the 2012 thing when 2013 comes around

8. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Ah, that is why your choosing no more than 3. Year 2012 will definately come before Blizzard ever gets close to making 4 SC games.

9. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I feel 4 could wrap the SC Universe up quite nicely. I count SC & SC:Brd Wr as 1 and SC2 as a second. A SCU (MMO???) would be next and the subsequent SCU2. Thus wrapping the universe in the never ending PvP of crack addict players such as myself.

10. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    A sc MMO would sound interesting, however, they would need to do some changes so it wouldn't feel like a new WoW.

11. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

yeah i had some good ideas for that in one of the threads around here

12. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    which threads? Theres only about 3000 topics to choose from, finding it would be a pain. lol

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    4 at that point EA will begin to take interest in Vivendi and buy it from Universal with the insane ammounts of money they will have acumulated by leeching off all the good companies. (That means Sierra and Massive will come too)

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

ill post once again

#1 epicness: a game needs two factors at epicness: one, you need not much HP, everything is a lot epicer if you die quickly. two, you need a mass for something important, like in WoW, the top number of players was 40, i cant think that we would need extra player spots, but some NPC's would be nice, i mean: we are saving their cute little pink/blue/whatever color zerg's asses have butts from evil again. in WoW they took neither of these points into consideration, as a warrior you had more than 4000 hp if you were a little good, and i took down the entire shadow council, who enslaved the orcs for generations, by my own cute green ass.
    #2 weaponry: in the starcraft universe you dont have things like magic enchantments so i say there would be less weapons, about a hundred, and each will change your attack quite a lot, but wont proquire very long time to get, and it doesnt add to the epicness factor if you go kill mengsk for the third time so you get +1 stamina on your weapons
    #3 mounts/machinery: in WoW mounts lost a lot of their epicness factor because you couldnt attack from them, and i think 60% extra speed isnt as good as it sounds if you take the wow factor in account(see below). so i propose you can use siege weapons at a much lower level(if there will be lvls) and be a sort of extra strong weapon, this weapons would be the main reason to go raiding because only in military hq's(dungeons) you would get some unblowed recourses, of course, a tank wouldnt just fit through the door and you can leave your pals alone so you must take some of the important parts and get the rest from scrap metal on the battlefield.
    #4 smartness: i really miss a require to be smart to get to a high lvl easily in WoW, i am one of the only people that figured out that if you walk along the sides in WSG( a battle ground consisting of 2 small lumbermills, each placed on the sides of the map and a large open plain in the middle with trees at the sides) you can hide behind the trees if someone passes and get the flag easily. to increase required intelligence i say we remove the tooltip for items, you must figure out what to do with something yourself, and make much items pick-upable, so you have to choose smartly
    #5: this is the wow factor, it is very simple: GO FLICKING BIG ARMIES WITH BIG GUNS AND SMALL SOLDIERS
    #6 races: races in the starcraft universe are much more different than in the warcraft universe, in the warcraft universe all the races are merely the same with only an extra ability, i vote for making the races more different in GOS(galaxy of starcraft) by as an example, give the terran buyable squads, the zerg free squads and the protoss no squads.
    #7 classes, i really dont know about this, i would think this classes would be fun: soldier, can use gauss rifles, power suites, flamethrowers, etc., the main purpose of this class is killing the enemy before they kill you, they are at their strongest in surprise attacks, there are the mechanists, these people can assemble machine parts and bunker parts in their scv suits, their main purpose is support, but they have some other abilities as well: they got grenades, mines and rockets, you got the ghosts, these people are a sniper and can use long range rifles and(in some dungeons) nukes at special locations, they are a overall good class, but their main weakness is face-to-face combat. for the protoss there are the high protoss, they excel at face to face fighting, the dark protoss, they excel at sneak attacks, and the ruling class, an overall great class
    #7 unit positioneering, in WoW and in most MMORPG's the enemies are just standing at random locations near their camp doing nothing, in GoS i'd like see every unit be at it's location for a specific reason, and/or do something.
    #8 i'd like this game to be a MMORPGFPS

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    What was the point of that text wall? What does it have to do with how many SC games there is.

PS OP do you mean SC sequals or do games in different genres like an MMO or FPS/TPS like Ghost count?

16. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    The point is that no one ever bothers to comment them (it's like 3rd time now) even though some of his ideas are really good

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The point is he needs to create new threads and not hijack someone else's.

I think his text wall is sufficient to warrant its own thread. It is off topic in this thread anyway.

18. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    He posted it first time in topic about SC Universe irrc, if he makes new one it's doubling -.-

19. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I think there will be maximum five sequels.

20. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I think SC4 because i think SC won't last due to the storyline