how do you want universe of starcraft?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Oct 7, 2007.

how do you want universe of starcraft?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i want it as a MMOFPS, where you just pick up weapons and ammo of every fallen enemy and there is no tooltip for items you can pick up and you build vehicles by transporting scrap and guilds can make space platforms

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Sounds cool but to play as Zerg would require you to be an infested Terran

3. Callex

Callex New Member

I dont know... It could work kinda like the AVP2 Game, with the Zerg being generally melee units and instead of having vehicles or weapons etc they have biological upgrades, and can evolve new abilities like wall-walking etc...
    If they made an MMOFPS of starcraft it would be an amazing game, I think there are only two MMOFPS's out right now and they aint that popular, so its a relatively open market. I also hear theres a Tom Clancey MMOFPS coming out soon but i'm unsure whether its just for the consoles or not...

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i made some very detailed posts at another site ill post em here soon

5. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i remember planet side was a good mmofps but people didn't play becuase they accually required payment. I guess it's not the same idea becuase it's blizzard but eh, i hope they keep it free.

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

there shouldn't experience or rare items or money and all that crap, it should be start, pick up a gun/focus your energy/grow some claws and jump straight into the action

7. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I think in one perspective you forget why an MMOFPS and the SC Universe would differ a bit. The way in which the SC Universe functions is clearly minerals/gas first and foremost. We must remember that for one part. So sure we could run around and pick up guns.... on one planet. Now whats are the other 12 Planets in the sector going to be doing while you would be doing that? Nothing... there needs to be a point to what your actions would do otherwise its just a giant game of Kill All Enemies. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Buy new weapon to kill all Enemies. Repeat. Ect. In truth it they could establish a nice setting for this. In truth they could ruin SC. It's all a matter of the concept of what do we want to do with this game.
    Things that would need to be evaluated in this type of MMOFPS

-Story
    -Gear
    -Travel
    -Player Systems( Leveling, Classes, Ranks, ect.)
    -Enemies
    -Player Vs Player Combat
    -Professions
    -Factions
    -Functionality
    -Art
    -Dynamic World
    -Freedom
    -Cause and Effect
    -Battle Types (Air, Water, Land, Space)
    - Terrain

The list goes on and on. The fact is that if they create a SC MMOFPS they will have to create a universe beyond that of which we know and of which will keep us occupied. SC2 will do a good deal to help with that I feel, but the way in which the SC Universe works could make it godly. Implementation and Secrecy is key as the SC universe is something for which we all think we know everything about.
    Heres hoping. [img width=30 height=30]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/696/ninjasmileygifiu8.gif[/img]

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think they should set up a scenario of a sector wide war. The actions of all of the players in that specific instance would affect the events in the world withplanets becoming more or less hostile to your faction. After a month or two EVERY server will be different

9. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

nd of game's best bet would be Planet Side with a better story and a bit more individuality. Maybe Xelnaga temples could provide upgrades/mutation? It may also be interesting to add in factions, which could ally with other factions temporarily to kill a stronger enemy. I mean, for example, lets say there are three terran factions. One gives generic land combat bonuses (accuracy increase, speed increase, heavier weapons), another focuses on space combat (better ship response, increased health, etc) and finally a spec-ops faction (only one with ghosts). The combat faction could, for example, ally with the protoss (or even zerg!) to attack another terran faction, who's gained to much power.

The problem with something advanced like that would be the need for some form of higher command. I don't know how well having a supreme player commander would work. What happens when he stops playing, for example.

Would mining have a factor?

Just how SICK do zerg building look? Speaking of that, could players build bases?

Worse, knowing Blizzard, if they havn't started devlepment now, new borns will be old and gray by the time the game is released.

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

players cant build bases, it is not a mmorts, but a mmorpg