high templar storm

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PowerkickasS, Jul 16, 2007.

?

WHAT IF TEMPLARS HAD A CASTING DELAY FOR STORMING? (because of that meditation animation)

1. GREATTTT YEEAAHHH STORMS ARE TOO RIGGED

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. nooooooooo bad idea >xP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. my micro's too horrible to cast/dodge storms anyways =(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

high templar storm

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PowerkickasS, Jul 16, 2007.

1. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i got this idea from alasdair's comment about templars dancing while casting storm

2. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    hehe no delay... it'll ruin the flow

i play protoss so i am bias

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

High Templar can easily kill 3 times their worth. 3 lurker burrowed ZAP dead in a few seconds.
    Whole bunch of zerglings/hydras ZAP dead in a few seconds. 10 Terran Marines in the bin.
    About the only thing its bad against is BUILDINGS! (lol) Also note it has awsome cast range and only costs 75 energy (maybe if it was 125-150 i wouldn't complain so much) When the high templar use up all their energy just turn them into mmmmonster archons! seriously high templar are the only rigged unit in the game imo.

4. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo that's not cool
    temp storms minerals=gg. if their's a delay the temp might die before the 2nd storm >< unless you're using 4 temps ^^ ;)

5. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

i play as terran and my bro keeps using them randomly
    i hate them so much....

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Psi storms kick a**. Anyways, cooldowns aren't a SC thing, it's a WC thing.

7. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

it's a great tool and ability, but yeah, it's kind of rigged

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Well, that's a pro Korean playing, no? Normal people can't do that so I guess you could call it rigged, but only when you're really good.

9. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

noooo im not talking about cooldowns, but charge-up time. like bc yamatoing. and because of the animation you could see the templar charging up for a storm and prepare to run lol

10. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I think you can divide the poll in between Protoss players, and just about everyone else.

11. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Defilers might have that cloud but protoss got their disruption web. Also Plague = 150 energy Psionic Storm = 75
    Personally Psionic Storm kills more than plague does... and like i said earlier... once u use up the energy just morph them into archons. Sound fair?
    (I do know that Psionic storm doesnt damage units under disruption web.)

12. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

SHIZ REALLY!? testing now:

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Ugh, you might as well give stasis field a warm-up. It can neutralize nukes, so it must be overpowered, right?

14. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    And man that plague against protoss cannons? geez you can destroy scores of them by lowering their hp to 1 and all you have to worry about is their shields. Same to terran defensive structures where you can lower them to the red zone. I think you are comparing apples to oranges though. Plague is more for lowering building and unit hp to near critical so it'll be easier to attack a base or army, psi storm is for killing units. Additionally, you can escape the psi storm attack too if you are good at micro, but for plague, once you are hit, it sticks to you. I mean the terrans have irradiate with costs 75 energy and it does kill and has splash but its much slower. So really each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Also, archons are another unit and if you look at it this way... the more high templars that are converted, the less psi storm you will encounter. And c'mon archons against the science vessel? EMP FTW!!  ^_^

15. capthavic

capthavic New Member

No it's fine the way it is.

16. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

terrible idea

keep it the same, and keep sending those zerglings and hyrdralisks and marines and mutalisks my way

17. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

lol dont forget about the marines, firebats, medics, and ghosts ;)

18. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

even a semi-skilled player knows how to dodge a storm with minimum damage sustained..

plague on the other hans, 1good plague in a m&m grp will make the medics heal eachother (they go for the most damaged in % and since medics got more dmg then marines they will constantly stand healing eachother) and when the plague end and if something is still alive the medics will be at 20-0 energy....

and yey, the most rigged spell (personally i dont think any spells are rigged) must be irridiate...7-8 vessels can keep killing bionic units constantly....

and dont forget, all of em got some form of counter, plague can be dispelled by medics (and dont damage protoss shield)

irridiate, well u can kill the vessel with 2scourge or use a dark archon to feedback the vessels

and storm is easiest to handle, u can feedback the templar, irridiate it, send a few lings after him, u name it....and if u just know how to handle them, they are not a problem, besides, u can use all of the spells urself

meh, im to tired to write really, and sry if there are typo's in the post.. i dont bother to read it over

19. cooldown time would be bad you need to be able to cast successive storms as some units take multiple storms to kill a cooldown time would leave the templar too vulnerable as theyre very slow and weak and at 150 gas very expensive and since psistorm doesnt affect buildings its possible to render it useless with defensive buildings