High templar getting the time warp ability

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Bthammer45, May 1, 2009.

High templar getting the time warp ability

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Bthammer45, May 1, 2009.

1. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I was think that the high Templar could get the time warp ability as some kind of upgradeable channeling where they stand ability.

For balance this move would not stay till the unit ran out of energy more or less last about 7 seconds and would have to be recast.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Not really logical. The whole time distortion thing is a mechanical ability. High Templars are psionic, so it would be a bit messy in the lore.

What I would do, is give it to the Nullifier in some way or another. That unit is mechanical, so it makes more sense imo. But I also would like to see this return into the game. The hints that the Arbiter unit gave, those really gave me the expectation there would be something like that. It would be disappointing to see it getting axed.

3. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Well its not really mechanical they Templar would be frozen in time unable to move but you could also give it to the nullifier but have the ability upgraded from one of the later buildings.

I also really don"t want this ability to be axed either.

4. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Well, I prefer High Templar over the Nullifier in all cases. Having a robotic unit with weird abilities just seems lame, especially when you have these awesome psionic units. However, it was the Time Bomb and not a Time Storm. If you know what I mean.

5. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Yes i would also prefer the HT gets it but I think this would be a cool concept for either unit to have or possible what you mentioned with your idea.

6. ekulio

ekulio New Member

psionics = crazy
    robots = awesome
    psionic robots = crazy awesome

I think the current mechanic on time warp is terrible, and it's not in the game right now, but I think if it goes back in it should stay with the mothership.
    What if it worked like lag? where once it wore off the units inside would go super fast to catch time up? That could be really strategically valuable while still having drawbacks.

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Most protoss abilities and indeed technology is hybrid psionic-mechanical, and time bomb seems like it would fit psionic just as well as mechanical.

But i don't like giving the high templar a channeling ability. Why? Because it's vulnerable and prone to being sniped, it needs to move in cast and move out imo, and if it's health or shield was increased to compensate for having to be in a vulnerable position then psionic storm might be a little bit strong and just mess with a high skill requiring element for both players. If time bomb gets in the release build it should be on the monthership and akin to the way we first saw, even if stopping projectiles has to be removed.

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Stopping projectiles was like, the best asset of the ability. Would be a bit lame if it just turned into a fancy slowing ability. :/

9. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I think anything that would be caught in the time bubble would be stopped so the chance of the high templar getting sniped would be impossible because the round would get stopped in time.

10. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Only if you could time bomb their entire army, would be a bit overpowered for a high templar. o_O

And i agree aurora but it's been added and removed so many times i'm guessing there's either a mechanical or balance issue with it and probably won't stay in. :( Last it was just stasis or something?

11. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Not at all. slowing projectiles and getting a chance to escape but still punishing players who don't get away is a beautiful thing.

12. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ahah I win again temps get time bomb.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  13. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah, nice guess. are you psionic?

14. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

No it just meens im awsome and should work for blizzard i bet if that happened Starcraft 2 would be out yesterday.

15. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I think we'll need to open that second set of doors for Mr. Hammer to fit in.

Anyway. I'm glad time bomb returns. I was hissing at D3 for stealing it initially.