Guess, what the Zerg get!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Hunter, Aug 25, 2007.

Guess, what the Zerg get!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Hunter, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I am interested in your opinions. What kind of new units do you think will they get? And what about abilities?

After Blizzard shows them, we will be able to check whose Idea is in it :)

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I posted sumthing bout d same kind of stuff dat u want on some other thread... but anyway heres what i had in mind... ^_^

Base on the other races, (toss,terran) both seems to retain some of their former units around 6-7 i guess so that means that we might still see some of the former creepers.. of course the 3 lisk, drone, and zergling, overlord is sure to make an appearance so that means that there is still one unit to be revived and i think its either going to be the queen or the scourge... the suicidal ground unit (baneling) has already been placed so that leads us to reduce the probability of seing the queen to return coz infested terrans arent gonna be needed now that banelings came...

theres a 50% chance to see the scourge again so that means if it will return a modification or evolution might come... so heres an idea

WINGLINGS!!! ^_^ ^_^ the scourge counterpart of the zerglings

*quick air movement
    *rapid ATA melee atk
    *cheap to

anyway thats just an imaginary unit lol so the 50% goes to the queen and the only modification i want her to have is maybe to have an atk even if its weak and maybe to tweak the mana cost of broodlings a lil

i know that blizz is sure to surprise us on the new zerg units but lets just hope to see it soon ^_^

3. surr

surr New Member

Heres a unti i think could fit and description:

Name: Ground Stalker
    Role: Raid/surprise
    Life: 40-65 around their
    Damage: 14 (pretty fast)
    Armor: Medium
    Abiliys:
    Burrow(special): unit can move while burrowed as it tunnels through the earth even over clifs and doodads.(well toss and terran got colossus and reaper)
    Surprise: Lunge unexpectantly out of the earth and hit the nearest target.(unburrow and attack fast...dealing 20 additional damage)

I made it up as i read this so....

4. manaplague

manaplague New Member

I'd like to see some kind of ground to air unit other then the hydra, it made you use them way to much for my taste. so some kind of evolution of the Zergling or Ultralisk that let you pound air.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I like freedom's idea.

I was thinking the zerg could get a building maybe a cerebrate that increases maximum population and/or supplys enoguh control to take the place of a number of overlords

6. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Zerg Superlisk which is obviously better than Ultralisk, because it's SUPER! Okay, in all seriousness, I think they will be getting something that plays off the Ultralisk. We have all seen the drastic changes done to the Zerg Zergling have we not? And have seen that the Zerglings now have an additional evolution. The Ultralisk will probably see a huge change as well, to help right it's wrongs. Not sure how, but I am betting Blizzard will figure it out (if they decide to bring it in.)

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Im still positive of seing the protoss reaver now being a zerg infested slug ^_^

heres what will be the plot of story...

The proud breathen of Aiur fought valiantly against the swarm,, but to only succumb upon the countless numbers of forces that the queen of blades kerrigan summoned forth to ravage the last stand of the protoss.. Years of perfecting evolution quickly gave birth to a new strain of zerg species that enabled them to mend their biologic structure to fuse with mechanical and robotic type species that ultimately resulted the infestation of Aiurs once most devastating machine.. the reaver... these species of zerg werent able to totally construct the former appearance and function of the unit, but the genetic material fused with the reaver were able to evolve its appearance into something much functional that it will not anymore be needing machinery energy to produce its arnaments.. but rather a purified form of slimy acid substance was formed deep inside the core of its biomechanic body which it uses as its own weapon.. further enhancement of its evolution also enabled some of those slugs to even harnest the ability to burrow beneath the earth...

Name: Infested Slug
    Role: Heavy Ground Artillery
    Life points: 200
    Unit cost: 4
    Attack: Corrosive goo ( same effect as devourers atk but works for ground units only )
    Damage: 100
    Attack rate: Slow
    Defense: Medium
    Ability: Tunnel burrow ( able to move but slowly while burrowed )
    Maybe an evolution for expansion like a flyingbehemoth since worms = flies

Well i cant think of what will happen to the reaver since the big bad colossus and siege tanks are out on the loose so this is what i hope for the swarm to evolve into,,, (since reavers scrapped now lol) ^_^

8. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Lol nice but I think damages too much. It would be fast to raid a base with:D While ur opponent notices that you are attacking, half of his base is destroyed:D

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

i think its quite fair coz the atk rate will be like the reaver and the unit cost is 4 and overlords only give 8 and can only carry two of these slugs due to their blobsterous size ^_^ but anyway lets just hope to get a good sight of the soon to come zergs ;D

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    agreed. I can't wait to see 'em

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    a cybernetic zerg reaver sounds interesting but I think it would be more likeley to see infested drgoons. We already know the facility used to make them has been infested

12. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

The Dragoons are pieces of impressive cybernetic technology, not actual Protoss - which is the only thing interesting the Zerg with Aiur. So far the only piece of Zerg technology was the Infested Command Center, which was pointless and should have been removed.

I don't mean any offense or anything, but the Zerg should never meddle with cybernetic, biomechanic, thorotanic, vikingotic and Zerragoonatic technology. At least not in multiplayer games.

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

tnx for the kind opinion but uhmm,, well this is just the forums so every1s free to xpress what they like or dream of.. besides evolution isnt a stagnant phenomenon but rather a dynamic process that takes a long long looooong time.. (not for zergs). Hmmm dont you think infesting the command center is already a biomechanic evolution/infestation?? if we look at the trailer video we can see that marines arent just normal maggoths, but rather they get to wear these bulky high armored space suits with lots of robotech stuff to control...
    my point is that Infested terrans look almost the same as the marine so i think the I,terran is a biomechanic zerg specie ^_^

so... im not much of a storywise player during the years that i was so addicted to broodwar but i did play it and just trying to finish missions by cheating lol... maybe ive skipped that part due to the diablo cows ^_^ tnx for the 411

does that mean that the cybernetics core was the one that the zerg infested??? if that is so then the cyber souls of the protoss have gone bye bye lol and replaced by biological species.. hmmm interesting...

so base on the datas that ive come up with maybe were looking for something like an "Evil Robocop" hahahaha,, will it have catch phrases like:

*uphold the law/queen
    *save the innocent.... lol

maybe some1 can comeup with an artwork for these ;D if we try to look at the dragoons' appearance, we can say that its modeled from an arachnid lifeform or maybe a tripod.. maybe the lurker will be the one infesting the cyborg...

Now in that way not only will the hydralisk be the GTA attacker now we have the new Infested Cyborgs AKA evil robocop ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ nyahahaha

i just cant wait till i see what the zergs gonna be like...

:thumbup:

14. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ SirBaron , the Zerg's ability to assimilate is supposed to be focused on organic beings. So I never really understood the infested CC either. But I suppose there's a difference between "infested" and "assimilated."

Whatever unit they add it needs a good backstory on what species was assimilated and adapted to produce that unit.

15. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Can any1 answer me if Infested terrans are Plain organic zergs or a biomechanic one since marines are armored with a mechanical suit?? tnx

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Look at it this way: according to Cinematics and such, Marines are produced in the Barracks. They're stored (in human form) there until they're put in their suits for battle (this is apparently what you get for paying 50 minerals???). So when the Zerg infest it, all the Marines inside are infested (I don't know why they're in the CC now... but w/e) so the same process occurs except they're now infested within their suit.

17. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

im still not "buddha'd" ^_^ tnx anyway... but what bothers me is how was the command center able to produce marines??? maybe thats the reason why the ghost now has the drop pod ability... lol, maybe the storymaker is also going nuts thinking on linking all these stuffs ^_^

18. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Yeah, i know. It was not my intention to rack down on the idea, as I was simply stating that out of a storyline view, it wouldn't be very logical for a biological race like the Zerg to adopt foreign, mechanical technology.

But it's not impossible, since in the end it all comes down to what Blizzard chooses to do with their game, innit right? :p

Oh, and about the Infested Terran question - well, the "true" (or "Real") Zerg specie aren't any of the species which you see in-game (like Zerglings, Hydralisks etc), but little worms who "burrows" themself into the spinal columns of organic beings, merging with their nervous systems. That's where the infestation (or "Assimilation") process hails from.
    So, essentially upon infesting a CC, the Zerg unleash hundreds of the smaller "true" Zerg, which like i explained, takes control of their hosts.

19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

oh yeah ive read that on the zerg story post sumthing tnx...
    so basically this is what happens in the ICC ???

queen lays eggs
    zerg takes over terrans
    terrans evolve into mutants but still hasnt forgot their dignity to wear their armor hahaha

ooopss sorry for bothering u guys so much.. maybe this things will be much clearer once we all finally see what blizzard has in store for us.. ^_^

:thumbsup:

20. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

well who is going to defend the CC when you go into it in the campaign there a marines there so why not produce them. there would be a limit but lets not get into that. its just fighting marines are made at the barracks you still need guards.