Grittier thor. is this is how the terran should look like?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jan 7, 2008.

Grittier thor. is this is how the terran should look like?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jan 7, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i got this pic from another sc2 forum.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8201/83907536vf3.png

so what do you think? is this how you like the terran should look like?

IMO i think the grit is over the top and makes the terran looks complelety ugly and trash. maybe just a little grit will be ok.

anyway im kinda ok with it. but the thor is brand new build by the scv why should it look completely grittier like that?

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Re: Grittier terran. is this is how it should look like?

The gritty Thor looks awesome IMO.

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Hmmm.....
    I've got an idea....

Since they're going to have the option of bodies staying forever, why not have the option to have your units degrade over time? It makes no sense for something to be rusty, scorched, right outta the factory.

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Thats new info for me, corpes/scrap stay? Also I think they should show degrading all the time as it opens new strategies and adds more realism to Starcraft.

5. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    If the Terran Units and Buildings are being build fresh out of new materials, why would they automatically be rusted and gritty.

6. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

i dont like it

7. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

although the color scheme would do well in the campaign. Maybe they come across old units and find it beaten up or something? IMO this would be great for optional scheme but not primary.

8. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

A good solution would be to make them gritty and damaged when they take damage, but when repaired, the scv:s only repair the damage. You probably should be able to turn that off, to maintain good frame rates with older computers.

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i think this make no sense. why does the thor need to look like crap and ugly?

check out tychus power suit in the cinematics (well he doesn't look worst than the grittier thor), i think you should expect the thor or any of the terran vehicle to look more BETTER because ofcourse they are more high tech and needs more priority in looks than the marine powersuit.

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

well, the bigger something is, the more expensive to make it look good

11. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I agree that it's overdone. It looks like after a lot of battling, would make no sense for that to be default look

12. coreyb

coreyb Guest

In my opinion the Normal one is better , maybe the nitty gritty one after some battles. The normal one just looks... normal! :D

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

making paints and detailed design on the metal or steel is NOT expensive. even our(my) car looks sleeker and high tech than the thor in terms of the outside apperance, paints, smooth edges, futuristic desings etc... (not the functionality). and im sure terran is 10000000000000x richer than the earth today.

and that is how it is supposed to be in real life. check out the infantry today, their armor and weapon, so how much more if you see the battle tanks, apache, aircraft platings and armors (freshly build), they should look FAR FAR FAR better than the infantries. the bigger the more high tech the gadget is, the detail and design should look better than the smaller ones.

its not really a big deal for the terran. the question is if the terran are lazy to do so.

who would want to drive a thor that looks like that.how will the marines be motivated if their arsenals looks like well.. trash.

and imagine tychus in the cinematics together with that trash looking thor. i think tychus well will look more expensive and powerful than the thor. lol. the thor needs to look well presentive enough as well as battle ready and not like its going to fall apart because of rusty old looking metals and platings.

its ok if the thor looks like that if its already survive a month long battle. but straightly built and constructed? it makes no sense why the terran creates a high tech unit without making it look nice enough. the cockpit looks rusty and dirty too. omg. is this how mediocre and poor the terran should be like. i think the terran in sc2 should not be equal or lower than the terran in sc1 lorewise, it should be GREATLY UPDATED in all aspect.

ok a LITTLE grit but not exage like that.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

no, the terran dominion is very poor it has to keep gaurd on hundreds of planets and hire soldiers... and alll the valuable mines are in the hand of the umojans

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no they are not. if they are they should already be extinct along long time ago. =p

16. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Very well said and true! The gritt one looks realistic because its in the military and I dont think anything in the military will be sleek, shiney and smoot, the looks dont really matter its what it can do. Because its war, may be an ugly tank but it doesnt matter, it can probebly own heaps! Yes the normal one look nice but not as realistic and most people like realistic things so hence gritty one is more better then the normal nice looking one. So at the end of the day , the gritty one is probebly going to turn out better! Thanks for reading, coreyb out!

Yes You are also sorta right, it has been said that terran try to have as much land as they can possibly get their metal hands on so they can expand and grow quickly this even means from planet from planet. I am sorry I cant find where it says soemthing like that but it is true, Terran just love their land!

Edited out quotes. Please refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

17. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes grit make it realistic but TOO MUCH grit, rust, trash, etc.... makes no sense considering that the untis and buildings have not really been damage yet and it is freshly built.

Edited out quotes. Please refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

18. coreyb

coreyb Guest

yes I have noticed that I dont know which one is best out of those to pics but if they lay off the rust , trash and gritt then it will be better in my opinion!

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes somewhere in between those two pic is fair enough. and make the team color darker. there.

20. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Ahhh You have a mind like me my friend zeratul11 , nice thinking , Your pritty much saying what I wanan say :p