Great siege tank concept art. Is this the one in game?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Dec 9, 2007.

Great siege tank concept art. Is this the one in game?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Dec 9, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=samwise&cat=starcraft&art=30

looks really great. if only the siege tank look like this in game and lorewise.

do you think this is the siege tank look like in sc2? i mean i can see the threads at the side and the barrel and head look somehow similar.

talk about the size? is this how big the sc2 siege tank in real?..wow! it has multiple turrets(not sure) too. and love the circle above its head and the flatness of the head.

im not sure, coz they said that the original plan was to create a giant uver tank for the terran (maybe this is what the picture refers to) but they decided put the thor in and cancel the big tank.

anyway it would be nice if they include it in the campaign. or if this is the siege tank in sc2 really looks like (ofcourse its hard to make the in game model looks almost the same as the concept art).

this one looks more FUTURISTIC and badass. 8)

2. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I like the current tank in sc2, i have no beef with it, other than the sound of the attack in siege mode

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

a also like the current siege tank but this one looks better.

4. Wrathbringer

Wrathbringer New Member

That was the original Thor concept, which was later scrapped and then brought back as the base for the current Siege Tank.

5. vinzel

vinzel New Member

the art is great samwise is a genios!!, BUT the siege tank should stay like it was in SC original only in 3D graphics, because the current tank looks TERRIBLE, like a toy, and why why WHY??!!!! spread legs??? sorry, but that's an awful idea.
    The siege tank sould stay as it was in SC original only this time in 3D graphics

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the original siege doesn't look that impresive compared to the new one. the new siege tank looks more futuristic, tough and sleek at the same time.

anyway i like this siege tank artwork to be in the campaign game. maybe mengks own personal tank if he decided to join the war. hahah.

7. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I love the Ultralisk concept, it looks brutal
    And the Siege tank concept there was the old concept for the Thor however now it the Siege tank concept

8. nEveR_LifT

nEveR_LifT New Member

lol the zerglings look completely berzerk in that! I also like the first ghost picture, I like how he looks rouge.

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

That one looks pretty cool. But I'm not sure if it's the one from the game.

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    If I remeber correctly the tank that is currently is based off that concept art. Also just for the curious (assuming I remember correctly) that was the original concept art for the Thor. They ultimaelty used a different design (obviously), but when people started complaing about the siege tanks they revived the design and used it for the siege tank.