Good news

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by lurkers_lurk, Sep 28, 2007.

?

do you like the the new update? (it wouldnt let me post without a question)

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Good news

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by lurkers_lurk, Sep 28, 2007.

1. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    from the new update, in one of the short clips it take 2 Yamoto shots to kill the pylon.

to me thats means that either the banshee is powerful ( tho that could of been modded) or they increase the amount of Hp/Sp on the pylon, unfortunately that also means that the Hp/Sp is less than 600.

of course nothing is final but i would like to know your opinion.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I have a feeling the Yamato Gun deals much less damage than in SC or the source I'm looking at is outdated.

edit: I just realised what you meant with the banshees. Well there is quite a lot of them in that video where they destroy a Pylon and a few Stalkers and I would think they aren't as effective against units, meaning they get a considerable amount of bonus against buildings.

3. Quanta

Quanta New Member

Actually, I assumed the oposite was true about banshees, that they get bonuses against light units, and penalties against heavy units and buildings. Maybe I'm wrong but I understood the Banshee to be an anti infintry weapon.

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i agree, but with only 400 hp+shield, i'm not surprised 5 banshees took it down quite quickly. since each of them fire a lot of rockets

5. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Lot of rockets, yeah, but most of them miss. Unless they have a slight AoE damage like the Valkyrie had IIRC.

btw, Pylons have 400 hp including their shields. They have been weakend considerably and I think the intention behind this is to encourage tactical changes such as focusing fire on Pylons more to create unpowered buildings and... well the developers might think it looks cool or something :D Or they get a new ability similar to the one mentioned in another thread, like a protective field when a set amount of psi field is overlapping.

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

yeah they have 400 combined hp and shield, that is what i meant

7. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I think in the banshee photo the pylon had already lost its shield, this photo shows it at full power.

8. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    sorry, never knew the new Hp/Sp was 400, Hmm... oh well if they buff the phase cannons Hp/Sp then it would make more sence to attack the pylons (like anyone makes photon/phase cannons that much), besides another possible reason blizz nerf the pylons was because there are at least 24 or so if you are at max supples, giving you than enough to power all your buildings x2.

9. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I was always anoying for everyone to attack my pylons before other structures, now its only going to easier to destroy them *sigh*

at least now I can make phase prisms to help out in those situations, but it doesn't make sense to lower their hp, unless the programers thought the toss were too powerful with the cool new units and decided to make it easier for others to attack the base

now I'm going to need to be more careful about my pylon protection

10. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Maybe its the other way around, the opponents got stronger, not the pylon getting weaker.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I fail to see why it is good news that the MOST vital protoss building becoming weaker is good news. They weren't that hard to kill in the first place

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

people who destroy pylons before cannons in sc1 are not thinking properly, i explained it here

13. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    people who destroy pylons cause me not to be able to produce units after I fight them off. All my building on the attcked side are unpowered, causing me to be unable to recover my forces after I repel the attack.