Ghost

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by overmind, Jun 11, 2007.

Ghost

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by overmind, Jun 11, 2007.

1. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i was insterested in this and i would've bought it for PS2 but then it disapeared of the face of the planet
    wtf happening?
    im thinking that blizz will relise it the same time as SC2 so it doesn't have spoilers

2. Kae

Kae New Member

Yeah, they released trailers and CGs for it, and also consider that it wasn't put into production as well. I know many people express discontentment towards this game because it moved away from rts to first-person/third-person view shooting game. The fans wanted to keep the game as it was. And I also heard that the original developers of the game quit in masses mainly of the struggle on the game and where it should head, so which explains why blizzard was changing their release dates for it. Than Blizzard went on a goose hunt for a new developing team, which they found and pushed the date back even further.
    If you want to verify this, just type it in google and there will be many sites about why it has been never finished.

Here's a link to wikipedia about star craft ghost.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost#Trouble_with_development

Hope that answer your question, overmind.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

It went the way of WarCraft Adventures. If you don't remember this I think it was one of the games previewed on the SC or BW CD.
    Anyways, here it is: http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=warcraft+adventures&gwp=13
    I personally wasn't looking forward to it anyways.

And here is this quote by Bill Roper on the canceling of WarCraft Adventures:
    "I think that one of the big problems with WarCraft Adventures was that we were actually creating a traditional adventure game, and what people expected from an adventure game, and very honestly what we expected from an adventure game, changed over the course of the project. And when we got to the point where we cancelled it, it was just because we looked at where we were and said, you know, this would have been great three years ago."

Now, just for fun lets make a few replacements to that paragraph and put in StarCraft: Ghost.
    "I think that one of the big problems with StarCraft: Ghost was that we were actually creating a traditional third person tactical shooter, and what people expected from a third person tactical shooter, and very honestly what we expected from a third person tactical shooter, changed over the course of the project. And when we got to the point where we cancelled it, it was just because we looked at where we were and said, you know, this would have been great three years ago."

That sounds about right for StarCraft: Ghost now doesn't it.

4. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

too bad, it's a shame. i personally enjoy fps.

5. paragon

paragon Guest

As do I but it did not look like a very good FPS. Maybe if they had made it 3 years prior.

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

The multiplayer looked specially delicious. I love the idea of being a peon ih the middle of a war torn battlefield... from the safety of my room :p

7. paragon

paragon Guest

Was it actually going to have full scale battles raging?

8. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

ghost had a first person view!?

9. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yes, from capture the flag to all out brawl, you can use any of the three races, including zealots, marines, firebats, medics, ghosts, high templars, dragoons, engineers, etc.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

Do you know what the max number of players was? Unless it's at least 64, then it doesn't really seem like an all out battle.

11. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

the trailers for that game looked awesome, it looked like part traditional FPS, part MGS

also, they said it was postponed indefinitely, not likely, but it might be made

12. paragon

paragon Guest

I dont think it will ever be made. Remember WarCraft Adventures...

13. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

There might be a possibility that Ghost will be made, Blizzard has this posted on their StarCraft 2 FAQ.

At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible.

Nova would own...

14. paragon

paragon Guest

Except that's talking about StarCraft 2, not about Ghost. IF they do ghost they would have to completely redo it.

15. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

why? the game was good enough to be previewed at an E3. i dont see why they would remake the entire thing

16. paragon

paragon Guest

It would have been good if it was released in 2003-2004 like they originally "planned." The graphics are way too outdated already because a lot has happened since 2003-2004 in terms of graphics. This means that the entire engine would have to be redone to also take into account the incredibly strides games have made in both graphics and physics. And on top of that they have to have lots of things that would set it apart from other games of similar genres because you won't get all the people who play starcraft to get it if they just have a PC or just play starcraft at internet cafes (korea) and you will need to lure in console gamers as well who may not have played starcraft.

17. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

they...would need a marketing strategy, and do what team ninja has done for ninja gaiden, eh?

18. paragon

paragon Guest

Or they could just say "Hey, we're Blizzard and we're releasing another game in the starcraft universe."

19. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Marketing at its worst..

20. paragon

paragon Guest

thats basically all they had to do for StarCraft 2... plus doing it in Korea