Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

Ghost (Terran Casters)

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 24, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold New Member

At the end of the gameplay demo, after the two armies get nuked, 3 ghosts appear.

would anyone mind getting a screenshot of them to see if they look any different?

2. Gold

Gold New Member

Re: Ghost

yeah, but it seems they are a lighter colour than before, or is it just me

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

They have backpacks..... ???

4. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

They still call down the thunder! ;D

5. orphean

orphean New Member

And then get zerg GG'd. That made me laugh first time I saw it :)

6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Any boy howdy do those 'toss reap the whirlwind.

I love the new nuke targeting thingie. It's awesome. I still cry tears of joy everytime I see those nukes.

7. mc2

mc2 New Member

Those ghosts don't look like human anymore

8. orphean

orphean New Member

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I couldn't stop laughing with what can only be described as 'glee' the first time I saw those nukes go off. I must have watched the footage a dozen times.

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I will readily admit I rewinded the vid and watched the nukes target and blow up at least seven times the first time I watched it, and many times thereafter. And I don't even like Terran!

10. Lithuania

Lithuania New Member

The one bad thing about nukes is that new target.... in original SC there was a small red dot which was hard to see so u couldnt find ghost or place where nuke will go off easily now there is masive target which u seen u remove units then You send detector or something and nuking over... besides how ghost makes such big target Mb satelite could do that but not ghost so why there are ghosts needed?

11. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

you dont know what your opponent will see, maybe they see nothing lol :p
    also was it just me or was the waiting time really short for the nuke

12. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?

Sure there's a target, but did you see how fast it comes down?

Idea: Get 2 Nuclear Silos, build 2 Ghosts and track down the enemy army. Put a nuke infront of the army and behind, but close enough together to do some serious harm. Then run in your army to mop-up.

13. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

The small red dot wasn't that hard to see, I don't think I ever managed to surprise anyone with my Nuke placement. I always just used 2 Nukes, one directly on the enemy, and one in the direction the enemy is most likely going to run, and the second one always gets 'em. ;)

14. Shockfrost

Shockfrost New Member

Or maybe in a triangle shape around the center of the army? ;)
    Those big wigs at Blizzard know how to mess up the enemy.

15. capthavic

capthavic New Member

All I could tell is that they still had canister rifles, as for the rest..... ???

16. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

Well I know one thing, I'll know were them good ole nukes will be targeted when I hear the good ole, Nuclear Missle Detected.

17. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

I feel that the nuke markers will most certainly be visible to all players. If you consider how fast it drops compared to before, the markers are reasonable to at least balance out the improvement. And quite an improvement it is, huge marker or not.

In the demo, nukes dropped roughly 10~12 seconds after launching. The demo wasn't even running at fastest game speed, that's insane.

In a real game, if u launched two back to back and apart from each other, the opponent has about 10 seconds at a chance to stop even one of em. This is considering they even react fast enough mid-battle, track down the ghosts quickly, had enough units near by to kill it, and kills it quickly enough before drop phase, all while the rest of your forces are engaging them shooting their heads off. I think out of two, one is almost certain to drop successfully. And all this is even before throwing defensive matrix into the picture.

If you're a Terran user, but somehow don't see the tactical impact of this, and you're still busing worrying about if that marker is visible... you're insane. A huge ass door just opened for you in the realm of late-game tactical options, this thing drops almost fast enough to be part of your main offense. Engage full assault, double launch at enemy base front door, matrix ghosts, shoot stuff that aims for them, move army back slightly in about eight seconds, wait for boom, move forward, go back to killing.

I really believe that Blizzard wanted nuke to be a truly viable late-game tech option from BCs. Before, against adequately skilled opponents, nuking usually meant more risk of failure than success more often than not. But I think now nuke success and consistancy in general play will see a big boost.

18. Pix

Pix New Member

I agree with Remy. The decrease in lag-time of the Nuke more than compensates for increased awareness.
    The Nuke truly seems to be viable now, something which it never previously was.
    ~Pix~

19. Zombine

Zombine New Member

i never really nuked units, unless there was a serious advantage to doing it. ie, 3 BC or carriers lined up, doing nothing. Other than that, you will lose the war of attrition every time.

these new tactical nukes seem to be much more viable, and if the warp ray or zerg equivalent is cheap, nukes might become a whole lot more reasonable.

20. Darth Vergessenheit

Darth Vergessenheit New Member

I think that the red thing will be visible, but it surprises me how such a small thing can turn into such a big thing into the far future. Like I think that you'll be able to see the red dot and I think you could hear the nuclear missile detected thing. The thing I wonder wasn't the ghost really close to the nuke, I don't get how they managed to stay alive because remember before if you didn't move your ghost away from the target your ghost might hit and die, the one in the preview was very close and it looked like they should of got hurt. It would be more real if the nuclear missile sent out radiation, so all the units around the blast might die from radiation or something.