Ghost abilities from the books or anywhere else!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Dragon God, Jan 7, 2009.

Ghost abilities from the books or anywhere else!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Dragon God, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    OK, this is just something to put on peoples minds.
    in the first SC book, liberty's crusade, kerrigan could tell if there were any people outside and stuff, sooo why not let the ghosts have a limited semi detection field that costs energy. like the radar tower that shows wether there are enemy units on a cliff or a building somewhere.
    i know its from the book and its before the broodwars but still, ghosts could have like a radarish detection ability that costs 250 energy per use while they have to be in range.
    I think its a cool idea for reconnaisance or on the battle field but then i think that you'd use the comsat.

If anyone has any other cool Ghost abilities you can post'em here :D

2. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Ghosts have (or had) that ability already. It only works on energy-casting units.

When it comes to semi-detection, ghosts in StarCraft: Ghost had heat vision/psionic sight, which (among many other things) may have acted like a detector. I guess this would be anti-cloak; spend 1 energy per second to be a detector.

3. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    that'd be pretty cool

4. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    right now, as far as i know, the Ghost still has its energy Radar ability, and it is completely passive, as to weather it needs to be researched first or not, i dont know.

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i would like to remind everyone who is gonna post in this thread that Nova and Kerrigan can not be counted as normal ghosts, since they were psi lvl 9 and ten respectively, while normal ghosts are 5"

so making brains explode isnt something a normal ghost does

6. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    Hmm, maybe when you make a ghost, you have a small chance to get a "special ghost" that has the radar ability.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    As little luck as possible in SC2 please.

8. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

I agree with Gasmaskguy Starcraft is a strategy game not a game of luck
    Think more of something to add to the basic strategy of Terran not to what would be nice.

9. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Yea, there is a reason why the Ghosts in the game don't have all the abilites from the lore. That reason being game balance and mechanics. The same goes for the other two races, they don't have a lot of the stuff they have in the lore because well it would be unfair and mess up the game mechanics.

So if you gave the Terran Ghost all those abilities you would have to do the same for the other races and having all those different crazy abilites would make it a different kind of game.

10. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
    it would be cool if ghosts can become spectres based on their number of kills. than instead of a white suit turn it black and give them a heavy machine gun....wishful thinking right here.

11. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    That really wouldn't make much sense lore wise since spectres are made by a special project by the Terran Dominion in which they use a special type of gas to enhance their psionic abilities I bet they will be a special unit or something in the Starcraft 2 campaign though..

Also how you describe it aem1 would be a type of ranking system and again would have to give all races a equivlent because it would be a core mechanic. I don't think it would be fair if Terran where the only ones that could rank up and get more powerful units that way. Blizzard said there was not gonna be any type of ranking system anyway so yes, although it would be cool there are a lot of reasons why it would not work.

12. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

13. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali

yea just fool in around with the idea, but having the spectre play a part in the campaign would be a nice touch