Gathering rate disparity

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Sueco, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Gathering rate disparity

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Sueco, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Sueco

Sueco New Member

Last BR made it pretty clear i think. With roughly the same amount of workers, the protoss were resourcing about the double minerals per minute with proton charge.

Spawn larvae is the Zergs equivalent to protoss warpgate and terran reactor , giving them their unique production boost. It does nothing to boost income other than at the very early stage of an expansion, the resting 90% of that expansions existence, when its worker capacity is full, Zerg will be outresourced by both of the other races.

This means that in the current build, the Zerg would have to constantly expand to keep those extra larvae translating into more minerals, just to keep up with regular protoss production, not allowing for attacks on those many undefended expansions.

Protoss and terran get a production and resource boost, Zerg only get a production boost. Needs fixing methinks.

2. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Wow, there are soooo many threads talkin about this, please search. Second, In my opinion everyone or most people think this, but you do know that the zerg get a movement bonus on creep. Not drones, if you expand alot, wich is the point of the zerg, your units will be able to fight better in those areas. If you hatch your larvae better than you will* get more drones, it is also possible that those players were having a hard time with the zerg because they are the most difficult too master. That is my opinion and I dont think it needs switching, I also think that there shouldnt be a proton charge and those terran better miner guyz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.