Galaxy Cursor

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by Gardian_Defender, Jun 14, 2010.

Galaxy Cursor

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I was wondering if someone could post up a cursor that is in the Galaxy editer, not the green/Zergish/Tossish ones, I want the gray simple looking curosor that is used in the galaxy editer.

Here is a picture of it if it helps.

(this is for use as an alternate computer cursor if Im not being clear)

Attached Files:

2. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    Shouldn't be to difficult. All you need is a cursor-editor and your picture. Take out the green background with a simple picture-programm (like gimp or photoshop - if you will afford that ;) ). Then resize the image to 32x32 pixels and import it to your cursor-editor. Haven't enough time to do that today (late here in germany) but maybe i can work it out tomorrow - or someone else can

3. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    thank you, Im not really in a position to buy programs and Im not in a hurry to get the cursor, but when you can or when someone can I would give them a big thanks =D

(oh and its kinda cool to know that theres people in Germany on the forums! =D)

4. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    God dammit - i nearly forgot your cursor! Im really sry, didnt meant to. Fortunatly, i just went through my to-do-list to know what i have to do tomorrow (its late again) and found your cursor. BUT: Here it is. Its not that perfect, still some slightly differences in color to the original, mine is slightly darker then the editor-cursor. Gonna remake it soon, shouldnt take to much effort - only time.

Hope your happy with the first take (well, actually, its my second one. The first one was drawn with GIMP and since i had a white background, i forgot adding the white pixels - therefor everything white was shining through :laugh: )

http://rapidshare.com/files/399790344/Editor.cur.html

Sry that i had to use rapidshare, but i have an accout there and the board doesn't support uploading .cur-files

Installation-Notes:

In Windows, go to System Settings (hope, they're called that, unfortunatly i only use german Windows XP), open mouse (if your using the "classic" view like in Win 98 - not sorted in categories, cant deal with that), go to "cursor" and select the downloaded file for "normal selection" or which cursor you'd like to change! Hope it works for you! (does for me *g*)

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Thanks, an don't be sry Im not going to die without it.
    Oh and I have vista and you go to controlPanel>Mouse> and then you chose brows or something like that. But thanks anyway!