Found something to love about Diablo3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Sep 21, 2008.

Found something to love about Diablo3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ItzaHexGor, Sep 21, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Anything about Diablo3 you've simply fallen in love with? Post it here!

For me, the one main thing, the thing that inspired me to create this thread, has gotta be the Dune Thresher. It's just stunning. Nothing more can even be said. Stunning.

Along with that, the animation for the Barbarian's Leap ability, the explosion of the Witch Doctor's fiery concoction, and the introduction of special death animations, are all awesome. I'm just wondering whether the special death animations only apply when fighting bosses like the Siegebreaker, or whether everything, including Ghouls, Zombies, Goatman, Cultists, etc, uses them. Regardless, the bosses' would be the most elaborate.

2. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I didn't like the WD concoction explosion, but anyway.

I love his summons, they look fun to play with.

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Holy crap, how could you not like the explosion? The impact, the debris, the soul... It perfectly encapsulates the Witch Doctor's tribal methods.

The summons do look pretty awesome, though we've only really seen the Mongrel so far. I'm just wondering whether the enhancements scale with the Locust's or concoction's level or the Mongrel's level... Or both.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I like the Wall of Zombies. The mass of dead flesh thrashing out at everyone is just epic.

5. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

The soul just seems awkward to me. He throws a glass vial and out comes this thing with his arms spread and goes BWRAR! Maybe if the explosion animation resembled something more terrifying like a demon head opening his mouth and dissipates giving the effect that the enemies are being devoured by flames and not a mortar explosion with arms. But that's just me :)

But, I'm sure there will be more than just the mongrels, otherwise summoning and necros fans would be pissed.

6. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    The Witch Doctor's little mutters and cries when he casts spells and whatnot.

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The soul doesn't just come out with its arms outspread, it literally bursts out. The action's basically the same as if you were bursting/jumping out of a pool or if someone was roaring in pain, and, basically, it's a cross between the two. The action's completely understandable, and it's not just an explosion with arms, it's an entire figure. It's just kept enigmatic through the explosion and flames.

If it were something like a demonic head, don't you think it would be a little, in the absence of a better word, hypocritical? Someone using demonic magic to take down the Prime Evils? Besides, it's not actually supposed to be the soul that's attacking them. The soul's basically just a reagent used in the making of the concoction, which suits the Witch Doctor perfectly. I don't reckon a demonic head would suit them at all, merely because tribes like that simply aren't demonic.

Yeah, I never meant to imply that there wouldn't be others, just saying that's really all we've seen of them so far.

@ Major Willy. Haha, YES! Those are so funny and so awesome at the same time I swear my screen'll break. :p

8. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    WD's muttering when he casts a spell is awesome :>

one of my favourite thing in D3 is the Dash/Charge(maybe called something else) ability from the Barb, it is just awesome when he just dash and executes with a slam with his weapon, very uber

9. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    i really enjoy the art style they are going with even though lots of people hate it because its not as dark as they would like.

10. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    the art design is really cool and it still have the 'diablo' taste to it when i watch the gameplay video, especially Caldeum's art design, it is purely epic

11. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Not necessarily, the Congo tribes used a Nkisi Nkonde to communicate to dead. The witch doctors would communicate to demons and sometimes to the extent where they actually try to control demons. As in, not work with demons, but mind control them to their own bidding. So it's not too strange. I wouldn't be mad if it stayed though.(Glad we're being nice to each about this though, haha) :)

However, this IS a what I like about D3 so I'll throw in more things what I like.

The Zombie Wall - Yes awesome. Tribes in Haiti used puffer fish to zombify people to do their farm work, so I see this as a completely acceptable skill. Not to mention is just look awesome when they come out.

12. me555

me555 New Member

I love the bosses in Diablo 3.
    They actually look like bosses and are huge. Like the boss at the end of the Witch Doctor gamplay.

13. Ximnipot69

Ximnipot69 New Member

Huskvarna, Sweden
    I second that me555. Huge bosses = awesome!

14. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    To think about it, how about a boss that is a colossal and you are able to on the boss and go around it and find its weak point and destroy it! can you see my image?

15. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Isn't that more of a GoW thing?

16. Ximnipot69

Ximnipot69 New Member

Huskvarna, Sweden
  17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  18. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Sure huge bosses are awesome. They sell a game. I like the ones they've had in the gameplay videos so far. But I think they'll balance it out with a small but really fast boss as well.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    How many people read the 'writings of Abd al-Hazir' for each bestiary entry? They're pretty well written. The ones on the Dune Thresher and Scavenger make your Diablo3 hero seem like some uber-ultimate champion, and the ones on the Dark Cultist make picturing a Barbarian leaping into the midst of a summoning circle and proceeding to smash each and every Cultist so much more hilarious. :D

20. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    re...ad? We can't add anything to their website, duh