For the people who think the reaper's pistols suck...

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 10, 2007.

For the people who think the reaper's pistols suck...

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 10, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

2. Recon

Recon New Member

who thinks pistols suck? i bullets a bullet. it hits you your probably dead.

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I've seen people complain about the power of the pistols the reaper has

4. Recon

Recon New Member

lol wtf? i think the reapers just fine. its not to powerfull because there swarming units but its not like it does 1 damage per hit. plus they fire fast so ya i think its fine. do they think its to powerfull or not powerfull enough?

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

not powerful enough.

They compare pistol to machine gun of the marine for instance.

6. Recon

Recon New Member

ya they gotta understand that reapers are soposed to be hit and runners not stay and fight...ers. and ya pistols pack quite a punch. people just assume they suck now because there always useless in first person shooters.

7. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    It's just fine. Even though they have weak pistols, they would still fulfill their roles.

8. Flesh

Flesh New Member

I think Reapers pistol just looks silly from the design point of view. On one hand you have marines with these incredibly large guns that, despite their size, still do very small damage and on the other hand you have these reapers who apper to do pretty much the same thing with just two ordinary pistols. I mean, that marine rifle looks like a god damn cannon more than a machine gun, how can two mere pistols (even if they are high tech) come even close to matching that? It just doesnt make sense.

Sure, you could say those pistols fire uranium depleted shells with miniature warheads in them but from the design point of veiw these pistols should not be nearely as useful as those powerful looking marine weapons. Its most peoples natural intuitive conclusion that a machine gun (especially one as powerful looking as gauss rifle) should be way stronger that pistols.

I know reaper is supposed to be a light, hit and run unit, but that doesn't mean it needs to use pistols. Let Blizzard design some other weapon for them, something that will make more sense when compared to the marines gauss rifle, something that will be a bit more original than an oversized automatic pistol. And don't ask me what this new weapon should be cause Im not getting paid to think about that.

Bonus 200 minerals for a great post

9. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Pistols make sense because Reapers < Marines in direct combat. Pistols should only work better in special situations like Immortals.

10. Overling

Overling New Member

Yeah, now that Marines have HP upgrade, their faster firing rate kind of surpasses the Firebats. Why did you need higher damage in SC1 from bats? Zealots right? Because versus Ultras they were just as useless.The HP upgrade takes away the need for Bats, imo. Although people still want the flamethrowers and the Bat concept to return, in comparison to pistols I prefer the second because they hit air too, increasing the possibilities of use. No offense to Bat-lovers. ;)

11. WuHT

WuHT New Member

When it comes to fighting off alien hordes... flamethrowers and rifles are weapons you'd want in your hands.. not some "pistol".

Its just a mindset.

12. Recon

Recon New Member

and you bring up how much more usefell rifles are than pistols. just so you know alot of our men in the military prefer there pistol over there own rifles so dont think rifles are just automatically better than pistols.

13. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Reapers don't necessarily fight face to face. They specialize in suprise attacks and enemy pursuit. It isn't practical using rifles when your job is a swift attack and mostly hit and runs. The use of a pistol, though weak, is much more convenient.

14. Flesh

Flesh New Member

Exactly, its a mindset. When you look at those silly reaper pistols and than compare them to huge, badass marine rifles you automatically think that reapers pistols look weak and feeble. Thats the problem - I believe most people get the impression that reaper weapons look weak. And this is something that Blizzard needs to change, you don't want units in your game looking weak and poorly equipped.

15. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I don't think the reaper's pistols suck.

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i don't like reaper's weapons not because they are pistols, but because they are exactly the same weapon as marines. doing ranged, instant, non-splash damage.

17. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    It would be better for there to be more variety in their attacks, maybe the reaper will be able to swap weapons and be able to use the firebat's flamethrower it melee attacks to add versatility to the reaper

18. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

there is nothing wrong with the Reaper's pistols.they are not supposed to be infantry,they are "hit and run units,and thus don't need heavy and powerfull rifles.their fast firerate more than makes up for their hypothetical lack of power.plus, they would look incredibly silly carring around those huge gauss rifles...

19. Flesh

Flesh New Member

If the Blizzard did a good job at unit design, the reapers could carry gauss rifles and still look cool. But that would not be very original since gauss rifle is a marine weapon. Personally, I think that two automatic pistols aren't original either. Automatic pistols that fire armor-penetrating rounds. Thats just stupid. Blizzard should come up with a new weapon for reapers. Something that looks cool and powerful and at the same time "light" so that reapers can move around with it. But if I had to choose, I'd rather see reapers carry some kind of a heavy weapon (like a rocket or grenade launcher) than these pistols. Maybe they could give them a flak gun or something (like a shotgun).

20. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes i thing the pistols are lame for the reapers. give them something new, high tech and powerful!

http://flickr.com/photos/sc2armory/1025470958/

see the terran unit which looks like a reaper holding a "shotgun" like waepon. i think they should change the pistols to something like that.