favorite arcade game

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by EonMaster, May 29, 2008.

favorite arcade game

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by EonMaster, May 29, 2008.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    What is your favorite current arcade game? Mine is Asteroid Miner since you always have to be on your toes because of it's fast pace and randomness.

It definately beats asteroids

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    12 Swap
    These simley faces aggravate me, but it reminds me of Puzzle Quest

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Its a toss up between Tetris and Space Invaders though Tetris seems a tad slow

4. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system
    i wanted to create this topic since febuary!!!
    argh!!!
    oh well.
    il go for asteroid miner,music rocks,non stop,too bad i cantt pause game.

5. Operational

Operational New Member

I'm going to rate the games from the point of view that they are arcade games. So they should be:
    • simple
    • fun
    • game ends due to one (or more) of
      • getting harder as you play
      • being time limited
      • limited number of lives (providing the game is still hard enough that lives are lost)
    • luck only playing a small role
    • no maximum score
      • making high scores skill based

[​IMG] 12 Swap
    Luck as well as skill needed for high-scores. The game ending if there are no more moves to make is dumb, I've had games end before I've been able to make a move because the random layout had no moves to make.

[​IMG] 3D Pong
    I like the game but it has a maximum high score of 5090. I would fix the scoring by making the score submitted modified by difficulty level and your AI opponents score but even then it would have a theoretical maximum score.

[​IMG] A Worm`s Life
    Snake clone with larger levels and more obstacles.

[​IMG] Amazing Dare Dozen
    Like egg jump. Except more boring.

Asteroid Miner (damn Image limit of 4)
    I like this game and it's good for the arcade too since if fulfills all my axiom's at the top of my post. It's scoring system is based on how long you have survived and how many good asteroids you have picked up, it gets harder as you play with larger and more numerous bad asteroids and player skill plays a big part (being able to move in all 4 directions helps a lot for this).

Asteroids
    Seems like a fine clone of the classic arcade game.

Bionic Bugz
    Seems like a fine arcade game. Not sure if it gets harder as it goes on though.

Breakout
    Standard clone of the classic game.

Egg Jump
    Game wasn't fun for me. Scoring mostly dependent upon how fast you are gives the luck factor a larger role.

Hexxagon
    I like it and wouldn't mind playing it vs some human opponents. AI has some randomness so that every game isn't the same but it means that getting a high score can be determined on luck. Game would have a max high score.

Moon Lander
    Rather easy and boring. Doesn't get harder as you play (it says it does but I haven't really noticed anything). High scores pretty much dependent on how long you can be bothered playing.

Ms. Pacman
    Seems like a fine clone of the classic arcade game.

Simon
    Game if fine. Probably too easy to cheat in, it's a memory game but people could just write down the combination as they played allowing for any score they can be bothered getting.

Snake
    Classic game and it's been played the most so far so it has to be doing something right. The controls seem a little slow to respond sometimes, don't know if I'm the only one to have this but it's responsible for most of my deaths while playing.

Space Invaders
    Bad clone of a classic arcade game. It stops getting harder after a few rounds and getting an extra life after every 'level' just means your score it only really limited by how long you feel like playing.

Target Shooting 3
    Nothing wrong with the game but it does have a maximum score (40).

Tetris
    Seems like a fine clone of the classic game.

The Package
    Fun the first time you play it but not a good arcade game. Score depends upon how fast you beat it, which (after the first game) is a combination of luck and how fast you are at clicking.

Wall Bounce
    Game wasn't fun for me. The game requires a high amount of precision as to where you hit the ball but I didn't like the method of how to hit the ball in the direction you wanted (dependent upon the movement of the paddle before hitting the ball, 3D pong's method of having it depend upon where on the paddle the ball hits was better).

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Asteroids. The freedom.

Asteroid Miner got some cool music though.

7. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Snake because you need to find the shortest route to the apple and at the same time plan your escape. The game tests your reaction time, visual perception, and your strategic ability. In the 2000's it becomes really intense.

8. sc2forums

sc2forums Hyperion

I'm glad some people enjoy the arcade. If you have noticed, I have been adding 2 games everyday. I will try to keep this up. Some people might not like some of them, but others may. Please rate the games if you can as it will give me an idea of the type of games you like playing. Thanks!

9. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system
    Eon,when poll is avaable.just make this a poll.
    yes gasmaskguy,its music...

ROCKS! lol
    sc2forums,thank you for THE ARCADE!!!

10. Light

Light Guest

Asteroids!!!

11. Operational

Operational New Member

Desktop TD 1.5 is there now, nice I like that game. Kinda similar to some StarCraft UMS's too.

12. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system
    try beating me in that hmm???:D

13. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    a pole would be useless. I would have to edit it every day to add new games, and some who voted may like the new games the best, meaning I would have to clear the votes and start again.

Also, I've heard that there is a 10 option limit, meaning that I wouldn't be able to fit all the games on it.

My personal favorite is still Asteroid Miner, but A Worm's Life and Desktop TD are good too.

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Arcade is just awesome. V

Attached Files:

15. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    lawl, I had 'cake' on this game. Does that mean my score is a lie?

Operational, I had what you said about 12swap once. I was doing good in the first "round" but when the board reset for next one there were no moves -.-

16. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Hexxagon!
    I Was addicted to it when i was 6-7 and havn't been able to play it again until now xD

17. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

I used to play Desktop TD back before they added the new units....damn darks. I used to be able to ace it without juggling, but anymore, that seems impossible

I'd have to say Onslaught 2.1 is one of my favorites, even though there is one unit that makes no sense on how to use, and the lack of instructions as to what a turret REALLY does.. "Fusion, wut?...Combonly?*

18. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Combonly turns turrets in a combo into one turret to save space. Not sure exactly how it works though, I've only seen it once

19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

gun man on the run??