external hard-drive broken. Minor fix or do i need a new one?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by ijffdrie, Aug 12, 2009.

external hard-drive broken. Minor fix or do i need a new one?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by ijffdrie, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

so my hard drive is broken, nothing happened to it, it just started to malfunction. When i plug it in on my PC and turn it in on, the computer still registers there is a new drive, but it doesnt do anythign with it(usually when i plug it in, the computer plays the data(rough translation), but now it doesnt do that anymore, so i cant access the data)

does anyone understand what i mean, and if so, could you tell me if this is a minor repair, or do i need a new harddrive?

2. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    hmmm... try accessing it by... errr... like this:

if you still remember what the letter of the drive is when you plug it in, then place that in the address bar

like, i have a drive C:\ and drive D:\ , when i plug my exHDD, its drive E:\ , try entering the drive's letter plus :\ in the address bar (found below the back button, assuming its windows), it maybe caused by a usb virus...

the other possibility is that the HDD's driver screwed up somewhere, re-download its driver...

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i tried that already this morning, and i tried the hard-drive on multiple PC's but it didnt work on any.

Took it to a repair guy this afternoon