Dropships

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Wlck742, Dec 4, 2007.

Dropships

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Wlck742, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I was looking over the Blizzcon and Invitational videos a while ago and noticed that in both of them, only four marines were loaded in each dropship, compared to SC1's eight. Now this could be just for effect or something, but what if they really changed the dropship capacity. Maybe someone can clear this up. To me it seems unlikely that they reduced the dropship capacity by half, but you never know.

2. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I don't see a reason why they would decrease the capacity inside a dropship. Unless blizzard added some new upgrade to increase capacity from 4 to 8. But that would seem strange o_O

3. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

I'd like to see Dropships more dynamic... but I don't think that's the way to do it... hope that isn't what they've done.

4. cohnee

cohnee New Member

Maybe they're super cheap. Or Stronger.

They can carry less, but you can drop troops right in the middle of a battle, without losing your your dropship so easily.

5. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    with the in creased unit cap i don't think that the dropship would decrease in capacity if any thing it should increase, but it may have been for show i have no clue

6. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

There is no increased unit cap - I believe it was mentioned in one of the Q & A's. (Hopefully though they'll change it, or I am wrong!!!) I am also pretty sure that the Dropship, Phase Prism, and Overlord will all be able to carry roughly the same amount of units as the original Starcraft. There is no reason to do otherwise.

7. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    i don't know for sure but i read in a Q&A that the unit cap had increased but that may have changed. i do however agree with you that there is no reason to change the dropship capacity.

8. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

If you are referring to this question from Q & A 18:

4) Will max unit limits increase? The current unit limit on maps is quite a crimper, and nobody likes CCMU (cannot create more units).

[Brett Wood] I dont recall the exact unit limit in the original StarCraft, but the StarCraft II limit will likely be a healthy boost over the limit in Warcraft III. The exact value hasnt been nailed down yet and will depend on optimizations near the end of the project (i.e. shortly before release).

It is actually talking about max TOTAL unit placement in the map editor, not the PLAYER population unit cap.

According to PCGamer, hints from Blizzard, and numerous places on this site, the population cap is going to still be around 200.

9. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    lame so lame the unit cap should go up at least 100 per player but whatever lol

10. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Oh I totally agree. We have a whole entire thread elsewhere on the site talking all about it haha.

But back on topic, I really like the new unloading animation that the Dropships have.

11. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    what is it??

12. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

13. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    the new animation

14. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Does anyone know for a fact that the drop ship cap has changed? Becasue I'm guessing what you say in the movie was just for cinimatic reasons. Two drop ships just looks more impressive than one.

And the new animation, I agree, is fantastic!
    They actually land, the units still unload at the same speed, but it looks nicer. The drop ships touches down and thers steam, then it takes off again.

You can see it in the Protoss gameplay demo:
    http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml