Download Issues

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Fruscainte, Oct 7, 2009.

Download Issues

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Fruscainte, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Fruscainte

Fruscainte New Member

Florida
    I'm trying to Download Starcraft here...whenever I put in the original disk no downloading prompt comes up, just nothing happens at all.

May I get some help? :]=

EDIT: It's saying it's blocked by something called Securty Zone...I dont even know what that is.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Okay hi. The problem I see here is that you seem to be conflicting a bit. Now now if you are downloading Starcraft from the Blizzard Store then a few things should be noted.
    1. The CD is not needed to install nor play it if you downloaded via the website.
    2. The Download Prompt should be through the Blizzard Downloader.
    3. It does require your cd key to go along with the game. Signing up for an account and purchasing a new Starcraft game is not required. Once the Cd key is in it gives you Starcraft Anthology which includes Starcraft and its expansion Broodwar.

Now if you are trying to install it directly from the CD onto your computer a few things should be noted in advance. If the CD is scratched or broken it will not work. If that is the case follow what I described above and register at the Blizzard Store. If that is not the case then first check your computer. It may not be a problem with the disk, but your computer. Once that is worked out you have two options.
    A.) If it is your computer fix it and try again.
    B.) If it is the cd you have some other options.
    Those options being the one I initially described which leads to the Blizzard Store. Or you can send the send the CD to Blizzard for a replacement. However I believe the cost last time I checked on that was 10$.

Now when you mention Security Zone I did a small bit of searching. What I discovered is that Security Zone is a set of rules used by Internet Explorer that govern what security on your computer in regards to the internet. Microsoft has an article about it at this link which details what to do to bypass it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360

Hopefully this helps. If not PM me and I will work it out with you.

-ShdwyTemplar

3. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Are you running a firewall application?

4. Fruscainte

Fruscainte New Member

Florida
    Thanks Templar ^_^ That helped a ton.

I kind of figured it out myself before I looked at your post (more or less figured it out) however that really will help me in the future too. Stupid Windows Blocker thing, I just need to put it as a trusted sight under my Security Center and it will allow the DL.

5. Novacute

Novacute New Member

You mean install right?